PDA

View Full Version : Epg ninja is gone... So now what ?

toyz4tv
12-04-2016, 03:30 AM
So i was gon for a while and before leaving we had a great guide provided by EPG NINJA .
I just resubbed 2 days ago only to find that there is no more guide. I've sifted through some of the posts in the forum to find some great reads and great work being done by some members (ie: expatter).
Also read a comment from Dara saying to use the guide from the provider which I don't understand. Where is the guide from the provider and how do I make it work with my system (Kodi + stalker pvr client ) or (Kodi + stalker plus video addon).

This service is being sold for the past 2 years if i'm not mistaken. Isnt it up to the server owner to provide a guide for the end user? Shouldn't it be part of what we pay for ? I don't want to talk about other service providers but most if not all have working guides. And this server is probably the one that has the most clients but no guide. The mods here are extremely helpful and have a tough job at answering questions when things arent working right but shouldnt the guys on top who are making millions, yes millions just pay someone knowledgeable and get the best EPG ever ?? Doesnt it make sense?

Ok i got this off my chest and feel much better now!!! :)
I dont see how any iptv service with 1000 channels can work without an EPG so if someone has an easy solution, id love to hear it.

Thanks

crazed 9.6
12-04-2016, 03:33 AM
the guide dara was referring to has been always available and working since the onset of the service.

iVue is a key word to search, i think :)

toyz4tv
12-04-2016, 03:47 AM
so its the ivue guide?
ok i'll try it..
Why are people trying to make their own guide if this one is working? :confused:

unheeding
12-04-2016, 03:58 AM
I also don't understand what dara meant by "provider guide"... this has never worked as far as I know, I mean isn't that why we've always used xmltv with ninja??? For the record I just tried "provider only" in stalker settings and it doesn't work.
I'm also looking for an alternative but from what I've seen nothing compares to EPG ninja, which wasn't even a complete guide to begin with... So I agree with toyz4tv this is really disappointing news, personally I don't even use the service when there's no guide :\
hopefully a decent solution will come up some time soon...

dinkish
12-07-2016, 04:26 AM
No clue why this is even an issue tbh, love the service, but wow... I pulled my own EPG using SD years ago when I was making my own playlist and it's a PITA, the whole reason of subbing to this service was to avoid these types of hassles.

Such a shame, I hope there's a solution provided that utilizes Kodi's built in pvr client instead of a 3rd party addon needing to be configured or pulling my own data... I thought it looked hoaky with the stalker clones doing that, still seems the same way to be to this day whether that's official support or not.

expatter
12-07-2016, 08:34 PM
so its the ivue guide?
ok i'll try it..
Why are people trying to make their own guide if this one is working? :confused:

Ivue has had issues for me during the past year with some channels having no guide info. It does seem like now it is much better if you use Amy's List in Ivue. They have a pretty exhaustive channel list and guide data does seem to be populated now.

The reason I quit using it was because when I tweak Ivue and hide channels I don't need, the changes never have been saved once the guide is closed. I personally don't like to have to scroll through pages of channels I don't even use to find what I am looking for. Using the Ivue creator you can select pvr as the addon but I could only ever get some of the channels to work. Too frustrating for me. I'm like every other use and just want a guide to show what's currently on any of the channels. I have saved all the NFPS channels I want to see to favourites as well as selected the pvr as the addon I wish to use. Yet Ivue always seems to say there are several addons for each channel and then suggests IPTV Stalker, which takes longer to load on my system.

I tried just using the guide.xml from Ivue (from addondata) and pointing the pvr to it but the channel names don't match and channel names had to be changed in the pvr channel manager in order to get the guide to populate. But if for any reason something mucks up or you have to do an IPTV reset or clear the data, all your hard work goes away and you have to do it all over. So just saving all the channels to favourites is a better option if using Ivue.

All of this is just too much work and I have personally spent countless hours and days doing this over and over. It disgusted me so that's why I started doing my own pulls.

I agree that it would be ideal if the guide were provided with the service in an easy to use fashion, i.e. with the pvr. What I have found is that this is not an ideal service. But it is what it is and just accepted that this will probably never be a perfect alternative to cable/satellite service. That being said, it is better than nothing and beats a hefty monthly cable/satellite bill.

There are still issues that look like the guide has the wrong info on many channels but when I find that happening and use another addon for the same channel, the guide data actually is right. It's just that the wrong channel stream is being sent from the server. But at least I have a true guide and can make it all work by going back and forth between the 2 addons. Perfect, no. Workable, yes. Happy with it? Meh. But it is what it is.

As more competition arises it remains to be seen if this situation gets corrected. But with these types of services it's hard to too peaved. The mentality seems to be that if you don't like the service, feel free to use another one. I think it's the nature of the beast. This was initially presented as a hobby, not a legitimate service. And there's that old adage... you get what you pay for.

PACh
01-06-2017, 01:40 PM
or you could try my EPG :)

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?25077-TV-Guide-(EPG)-for-US-UK-Canada-and-Latin-American-channels