PDA

View Full Version : MAG256w1 video/audio blanks out after a while of streaming (for no reason) ...

devnull1970
12-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Hello Friends:

I purchased, configured and firmware upgraded a new MAG256w1 box (firmware v220).

I configured the settings to match my screen resolution (1080p @ 1920 x 1080).

While watching TV (via a Stalker subscription), after about 10 minutes (it actually varies) the screen suddenly
goes blank as well as the audio.

At that point, the remote control is useless. Pressing any/all buttons doesn't restore it. The only solution is to
disconnect the power and reconnect it. But the same issue will happen again.

As a result of this I am returning my box.

Given all that, I two separate questions for my friends here:

(1) Have you seen this issue in the MAG25x series? Again, the problem is not being able to video/audio at all. I can. The issue is that after watching a program for a while, the video and audio suddenly stop and there is no way to recover. Apparently some form of the HDMI signal is still present because the TV never complains: "No A/V signal present, please check the cable". It doesn't say that. It simply goes black and no audio. Have you seen this issue?

(2) Do these MAG25x series boxes run very warm? To my surprise, mine does. Why am I surprised? Because I also have a high-end Android TV box (EM95x, which is about the same size) and it doesn't run warm at all (even when running full HD). So I'm asking just in case I got a defective MAG256w1 unit. Maybe its overheating and that is when the A/V goes out. So do these units run very warm?

Basically, is this a known issue: video / audio going out after a little while of streaming?

Thank you! :)

devnull1970
12-12-2016, 04:46 AM
I determine that this was a defective box and returned it. :)

Benfica1
12-12-2016, 05:02 PM
My friend ... im on d same boat !
But i figure something, it does that only on my sony tv cause i tried it on Lg tv and all good
Its weird, i also took it back got a new one and still same result !
I sure hope u figured it out cause i even set a mag 254 side by side to try same setings and no go :(