PDA

View Full Version : v2

roadrunneric
04-18-2015, 07:27 AM
any new news on the post poned re release of the version 2 avov box?

thanks

roadrunneric
05-12-2015, 12:08 AM
I ordered mine a couple of days ago. waiting on the mail.

singh007
05-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Did you get a tracking number?

Capt.Kangaroo
05-12-2015, 04:42 AM
any new news on the post poned re release of the version 2 avov box?

thanks
Available now for others wondering...

http://shop.avov.tv/collections/products/products/avov-vixo-2

iptv
05-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Pretty nice unit, just wish they had Lollypop instead of kitkat but otherwise looks impressive, would love to see user review.

a-team
05-12-2015, 03:40 PM
The orders that already came in have already been shipped. Meaning anyone who ordered so far should be getting them soon. We should see user reviews for the box shortly. :cool:

singh007
05-12-2015, 06:40 PM
The orders that already came in have already been shipped. Meaning anyone who ordered so far should be getting them soon. We should see user reviews for the box shortly. :cool:

Tracking number would help... But I'll wait and see. Thanks

a-team
05-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Yeah there was some issues with the shipping but all the boxes are shipped. People should be receiving tracking numbers by tonight.

date
05-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Yeah there was some issues with the shipping but all the boxes are shipped. People should be receiving tracking numbers by tonight.
david_avov do you think the kodi version on vixo 2 is a full working version?

a-team
05-12-2015, 08:16 PM
david_avov do you think the kodi version on vixo 2 is a full working version?

Yeah it is fully functional and working :cool:

date
05-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Phewwwwwwww, thank you. Because I have a lot of expectation on this box and really have waited long time for it to come out and really I don't want to be disappointment.

Looking forward to put my hand on this great device.

a-team
05-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Phewwwwwwww, thank you. Because I have a lot of expectation on this box and really have waited long time for it to come out and really I don't want to be disappointment.

Looking forward to put my hand on this great device.

Glad to hear your excitement for the product. I haven't had the opportunity to play with it yet, but I've only heard good things so far. Really excited to hear what people think of it.

Falcon05
05-13-2015, 01:57 AM
david_avov, can I assume that all pre-ordered boxes were the first ones out the door?

a-team
05-13-2015, 03:10 PM
david_avov, can I assume that all pre-ordered boxes were the first ones out the door?

Yes of course, the very first shipment contained all the pre-orders and the very very early orders of the Vixo 2. You guys will be receiving the product before anyone else.

singh007
05-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Just got the tracking, coming from China? That's a surprise

a-team
05-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Just got the tracking, coming from China? That's a surprise

We are shipping straight from our manufacturer for the first set of orders until we get our main shipment into the HQ.

Falcon05
05-13-2015, 04:38 PM
DHL just delivered mine! I'll let you know when I get it running.

singh007
05-13-2015, 05:40 PM
DHL just delivered mine! I'll let you know when I get it running.

Sweet! I'm curious to see the quality w/ rocket iptv.

Falcon05
05-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Up and running. Here are some quick thoughts:

The setup of the Avov 2 is identical to the Avov 1 box. Cabling is easy, but be sure to connect the HDMI cable to the "out" port. There are 2 HDMI "in" ports on the Avov 2. The power supply is different from the Avov 1, so if you've got a Avov 1 box you can't just unplug and plug into the Avov 2. The remote requires 2 AAA batteries and is improved from the Avov 1. The game controller needs 2 AA batteries.

I immediately loaded the TVOnline and iLive apps to watch IPTV. My initial reaction is that IPTV picture quality is about the same as it is on the Avov 1 box, a 720p look. Since some channels look better than others, I agree with others on this site that IPTV picture quality is as dependent on network and picture encoding factors as it is box related. I will be doing some side-by-side testing of the Avov 1 and 2 to be more certain.

I watched some VOD movie samples on the TVOnline app and did notice a pretty good sound improvement. I'm guessing that the Avov 2 box has a better digital sound processor than the 1. I'm running both boxes through the same Yamaha AV receiver, so that's why I believe Avov improved their box. The VOD picture quality is excellent (1080 for sure).

Please consider that these are thoughts after a very short time with the Avov 2, but I did want to give you all some feedback. Also understand that I have a 1.5Mbps DSL Internet connection. Those of you with better connections may see different results.

I'll post more as I get more testing done.

date
05-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Does kodi work on it fully?

Capt.Kangaroo
05-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the review Falcon5...:)
I look forward to your future updated review. Kodi especially...:D

Marley
05-13-2015, 09:16 PM
yup kodi is the thing i want to test on this box

date
05-13-2015, 10:39 PM
To be honest with you asft that is the only reason why I bought it for, just like you buy 2 pizaa one comes free, ox that was a wrong example, sorry guys it dinner time here and all I am thinking about right now is food.

Falcon05
05-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Just loaded Kodi and fumbled my way around, since I have limited experience with it. However, I was able to load some video and music addons. Listened to some great jazz and blues. Tried watching some PBS videos from This Old House, but I don't have enough bandwidth to play it in HD. I did find some SD video on PopcornTV and it buffered a bit but worked.

So fellas, in my very inexperienced opinion, I'd say Kodi works.

date
05-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Thank you Falcon05 I will not ask you anything else, you have accomplished your mission. Can't wait to test it myself but at this point I know I got a good deal.
Great job.

djensen9367
05-15-2015, 12:40 AM
Mine will be delivered tomorrow but I am on the road and will not be back until the end of the month. Really waiting impatiently for more reviews. I am surprised that with the fast shipping more people are not talking about this great box. :p

musatanee
05-15-2015, 01:03 AM
Does anyone know what version of Kodi is running on the new box ?