PDA

View Full Version : MAC address changes with every reboot

asaini
10-28-2016, 05:40 AM
Hi, I was facing some buggering issue with my IPTV and was not sure if the issue is with IPTV service, internet or T1 so decided to reset T1 to eliminate it from list of possible culprits.
After I reset T1, then on the first boot in Android -> Ethernet -> Advanced it showed a new MAC address 1a:a3:71:00:1d:e7, on second reboot it showed another MAC address 02:71:4c:dc:bb:6c and after third reboot it showed another MAC ea:c4:62:d7:e4:e5

Is this normal? I mean I found it strange for T1 to get a new MAC address on every reboot. I have never seen any device doing that.
Is Dreamlink team aware of it?

county
10-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Yeh that weird are you getting the mac address frome the top of the screen above the date and time

floder2
10-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Hi, I was facing some buggering issue with my IPTV and was not sure if the issue is with IPTV service, internet or T1 so decided to reset T1 to eliminate it from list of possible culprits.
After I reset T1, then on the first boot in Android -> Ethernet -> Advanced it showed a new MAC address 1a:a3:71:00:1d:e7, on second reboot it showed another MAC address 02:71:4c:dc:bb:6c and after third reboot it showed another MAC ea:c4:62:d7:e4:e5

Is this normal? I mean I found it strange for T1 to get a new MAC address on every reboot. I have never seen any device doing that.
Is Dreamlink team aware of it?

you have to go to where you input the url ...ID and password for the T1...For IPTV setup........top right of page shows your embedded Mac address for the T1.......can't be changed..........your going into Android...ethernet...in Tools....don't go there....

asaini
10-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Gentlemen, thanks for your replies. I am not referring to DOL MAC address, I am referring about ethernet (Android -> Ethernet -> Advanced) MAC address.
I am not saying that IPTV is not working, but I am just concerned about changing of ethernet MAC address after every reboot.
Because of this, I cannot put T1 in IP address reservation in my router as MAC keeps on changing.

NBS
10-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Gentlemen, thanks for your replies. I am not referring to DOL MAC address, I am referring about ethernet (Android -> Ethernet -> Advanced) MAC address.
I am not saying that IPTV is not working, but I am just concerned about changing of ethernet MAC address after every reboot.
Because of this, I cannot put T1 in IP address reservation in my router as MAC keeps on changing.

you use the mac address at top of dreamonline That is your mac

county
10-28-2016, 04:33 PM
II wouldn't worry to much about it if your iptv is working and you have a encryption on your Internet then no one can access any thing don't change any settings