PDA

View Full Version : AAA Stream taken down

dara
04-14-2015, 11:49 PM
It looks like AAA Stream was taken down, not by the makers, but by the guy who was hosting it on his repo. It looks just like what happened to MashUp a while ago, because the add-on now just has the ads for the box sellers. Apparently, the repo host got ticked that the aaa stream group wanted to take support to their own webpage, and a bunch of accusations of stolen code, etc. You can check out their facebook page for their side of the story. I'm trying to see if I can fix it myself on the pre-updated add-on, not good so far.

Hopefully it will come back, but its probably going to be under a different name than AAA Stream

Kimbo
04-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Sad, it was a good addon!! Thanks for the update.

generallee
04-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Dara i was able to get it going. i had to uninstall aaa stream program and then install from there own repository. then i updated it. working for me now.

Kimbo
04-14-2015, 11:59 PM
here is their post on FB:

mportant Message to our Loyal & Genuine Fans

Dear Users you are probably aware of the situation we find ourselves in, if not let me explain it all started when we asked to be removed from Metalkettle’s repo because we felt we could provide a better service to our followers through our website, he was not happy about this and started accusing us of ripping the code of other devs and bad mouthing us on Twitter and of course some of their followers believe anything they say
In the meantime it has come to our attention these same users have joined our facebook page and are relaying pics and status’s back to the puppet master, one being that we charge for our services, firstly all devs on all their addons ask for donations its not mandatory but they do push the message, secondly like them we do have a donations section but if u don’t want to donate thats cool that don’t mean you cant use aaa
To make things worse Metalkettle through his repo has inflicted in simple terms a virus into our addon so it will update to a home page that only shows the folder to our retailers that are selling their own boxes (Not Ours) , hence why we posted a video of what to do to recover the add on without this virus on it, some people managed some people didn’t
We as a team don’t care what these people try and do to us but what we do care about is our followers we feel he is trying to dictate to you what you should watch and what you shouldn’t by blocking us and bad mouthing not just us but many other devs and groups, why should you its your choice thats what XBMC/Kodi was made for not dictatorship!!
So what we have decided to do is start a new group named AAA Stream Users II and for you to join this group you will have to send a Friends request to Bargainhunters Bargainhunters or Triple A Afterdark thats just so we can determine that you are not an imposter, don’t worry you can delete BB or after dark once you have joined the group we don’t want to invade your privacy
I hope this has cleared up a few things or two and has not spoiled your viewing pleasure with us as we are doing our upmost to resolve this situation in the form of our own repo but first let us get back in touch with you and get you back on AAA
Sorry about this long statement but had a few things to get of our chest, See you in the other group
AAA Team

dara
04-15-2015, 12:17 AM
Dara i was able to get it going. i had to uninstall aaa stream program and then install from there own repository. then i updated it. working for me now.

Can you post the zip for the repository? I have it running, but only by modifying the code.

generallee
04-15-2015, 12:24 AM
this is where i got it from. he tells you how to do it also. hope it helps.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-aaa-streams-add-on-xbmc-kodi/

dara
04-15-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure it that's a permanent solution. Metal Kettle was the guy who bombed the code, and to prevent the update, you have to uninstall his repo. You can get the add-on on the website, so you can install it back again.

Can one of the mods check my upload limits? I fixed and renamed the add-on, and modified the code to prevent the update, but it looks like I'm stuck at 1M total.

edit: Metal Kettle claims he didn't modify the code, but someone out there did it through a website update. Be careful out there.

Kimbo
04-15-2015, 12:41 AM
You can always send it to Crazed or Theuduk since they have unlimited and they can post it.

big dady
04-15-2015, 12:44 AM
http.//aaastream.com/
Just uninstall the old one go to Add-ons on the left popup change Auto updates from ON to Notify then re-install aaa-stream

don't update until they fix the problem

dara
04-15-2015, 01:01 AM
Here is the modified add-on. It won't pull an automatic update, and even if you hit the update icon, it shouldn't update. Use at your own risk, it doesn't appear that there is anything malicious in the code, but who knows for sure.

Edit: USE ONLY IF YOU WISH NO AUTOUPDATE THROUGH A REPOSITORY SOURCE, OR THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE. If you already have the TV BOXES only on the add-on, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the add-on from an exterior source. Read on for a link.

dara
04-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Reply from Metal_Kettle:

I find it appropriate I give a response.
Yes AAA Streams did ask to be removed from my repo as it was causing problems for them. Even though it doesn't matter where an addon is installed from whether it be from zip or repo. If the code is bad it will fail. I agreed, but politely asked them to remove my code in exchange. This was met with a foul mouth response (screen shots on Twitter somewhere). It was this hostility and disrespect for other developers work (not just my own) which caused me to ask the question of their ability above copying and pasting, on the only communication method open to me as I was banned from there facebook group.
The addon has not been infected with a "virus" it was s very some code change which a man of citrics aledged abity should be able to reverse. I have since removed the update from my repo (and posted instructions on how to reinstall) earlier today. But if he knew anything about how xbmc/KODI worked he could have solved the problem in 5 mins after the update was pushed.
To start a private group on Facebook can only mean 2 things. 1. They have something to hide. 2. They cant cope with confrontation with users unknown to them (as we have already seen with various banning actions on their group and their poor support when being asked questions).
The underlying problem still exists however; their addon is based on leeching code (code which takes time to write and figure out) and paste ditecy into the addon. Think of a developer and you can bet your bottom dollar their code has been hacked (as citric himself called it) and pasted in AAA Streams.
In reply to citrics rather bold statement of "all devs on all their addons ask for donations", that is simply not true. I for don't want people profiting from my code when I never ask or accept any donations, never have, never will.
Thanks for reading.

input80
04-15-2015, 07:08 AM

+1. got it working also.

Kimbo
04-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I originally downloaded from their website a month or so ago and not from the Repo, so far is working fine. But will keep Dara's just in case.

dara
04-15-2015, 03:14 PM
It looks like they fixed the updated code for v1.9.3Build41. Here is a tutorial that has a link to another source for the add-on. As I posted earlier, you may have to remove repositories that had the add-on to prevent the update that will only show TV Boxes, such as SuperRepo (Helix), until they remove it from their repository.

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.com/2015/02/aaa-stream-live-tv-update-add-on-for.html

Use my modified addon only if you want no connection to any auto update method.

tonyboy
04-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Oo
It looks like they fixed the updated code for v1.9.3Build41. Here is a tutorial that has a link to another source for the add-on. As I posted earlier, you may have to remove repositories that had the add-on to prevent the update that will only show TV Boxes, such as SuperRepo (Helix), until they remove it from their repository.

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.com/2015/02/aaa-stream-live-tv-update-add-on-for.html

Use my modified addon only if you want no connection to any auto update method.

I tried this code for to d/l, when it's done I open it up it says TV BOXES

dara
04-17-2015, 02:16 AM
Oo

I tried this code for to d/l, when it's done I open it up it says TV BOXES

You have a repository that still has the old .31 code. It has been known to be in an unrefreshed MetalKettle repository, as well as SuperRepo all (Helix). You could u uninstall the current AAAstream, and relinstall it with the one on the tutorial, or just install the modified one I posted earlier.

Marley
04-17-2015, 03:46 AM
thanks works great

dara
04-17-2015, 05:17 PM
aaastream just created its own repository. See the video to find out how to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLNNzF_7s8E&feature=youtu.be

dara
04-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Hilarious. xunitytalk now has a detector for aaastream, and they now give you an ultimatum to dump them or aaastream. It looks like my mod may be the only way to have both on your system. I hope not to get banned by xunity LOL!

Kimbo
04-17-2015, 05:41 PM
LOL. Don't get in trouble Dara!! For me is getting harder and harder to maintain my attraction to Xunity, It's unfair for anyone to dictate what addons are in my box. IMHO

dara
04-18-2015, 05:43 PM
It's an all out feud (or war!). Some add-ons are now giving you a choice of not using or deleting aaastreams. (still pretty easy to defeat). The developers are now hiding code to prevent them from being copied, and box sellers who had the aaastream add-on are removing it from their loaders. Facebook updates are being removed, but twitter is telling a lot of the story too. Fascinating.

I'm not sure if I can recommend going forward with aaastream, but I know that my modified addon will still work, and won't get easily auto-updated or deleted. If you use it, it is at your own risk, I only changed the external and internal name, and commented-out calls to the autoupdater.

Kimbo
04-18-2015, 05:54 PM
the drama, i had to delete AAA streams what a shame. I will use your file Dara and i will hold you fully accountable if the Xunity people come knocking on my door :D

Marley
04-18-2015, 06:14 PM
well not saying

date
04-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Had this one and never used it. although it is not nice to see one of the video Add-ons to be eliminated, I am fully covered with Genesis and Phoenix.

toyz4tv
04-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Well i think it's horrible what AAA guys have done and I had my own little feud with them on their facebook page until they banned me. When someone takes hours of his week to find streams and update them, it's really not fair to implement them on your own add on and call it your own. I have deleted AAA from all my customer's boxes and hope everyone does the same. Supporting them is detrimental to this hobby.
Let's put it this way, if we support them, then all the guys they're stealing from will stop publishing their lists. So in the end you still wont have anything to watch if using AAA.

dara
04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
@toyz4tv, I agree with you on how AAA did business was not right, and if your customers understand why you have removed the addon, its ok (and its really not my biz anyway :) ). I'm looking at the code to see if there is what is rumored that they are scraping customer data within Kodi is true, and if that's the case, I'll delete my mod. If anything, I won't use anything from them that autoupdates from outside a repository. The ones that need it already have it by now anyway. What I don't like is when others no matter their motives delete or modify code that was working on someone's system. It's a little hokey that developers are forcing a choice with add-ons and repositories and the aaastream, but after the mashup take down, I figured out workarounds are pretty easy in Kodi, as long as you have backups.

Just me, I don't believe I'm supporting them, but taking this as a learning situation. I wouldn't give those guys a cent for what they are doing. But developers getting huffy about code and streams getting copied... well... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Marley
04-18-2015, 11:42 PM
if you have aaa still click on youtube on fire app and see what it says

toyz4tv
04-19-2015, 12:31 AM
@toyz4tv, I agree with you on how AAA did business was not right, and if your customers understand why you have removed the addon, its ok (and its really not my biz anyway :) ). I'm looking at the code to see if there is what is rumored that they are scraping customer data within Kodi is true, and if that's the case, I'll delete my mod. If anything, I won't use anything from them that autoupdates from outside a repository. The ones that need it already have it by now anyway. What I don't like is when others no matter their motives delete or modify code that was working on someone's system. It's a little hokey that developers are forcing a choice with add-ons and repositories and the aaastream, but after the mashup take down, I figured out workarounds are pretty easy in Kodi, as long as you have backups.

Just me, I don't believe I'm supporting them, but taking this as a learning situation. I wouldn't give those guys a cent for what they are doing. But developers getting huffy about code and streams getting copied... well... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Yes i totally agree about playing with someone's system was the wrong way to go. Let's see how this spills over the next few days. All i know, is that now im stuck reworking lots of android boxes!! But I'm a firm believer in community working together and i've been working closely to 3-4 devs of some addons and it really sucks for them. So they have my support.

dara
04-19-2015, 03:35 PM
BAM!

And down goes xunitytalk.

date
04-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Hahaha I see you got it as well. I don't blame them.

Kimbo
04-19-2015, 03:37 PM
It was bound to happen :-(

dara
04-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Just a quick check, add-ons still work, I'm not sure if the repository is valid anymore. Meanwhile, aaa still copying and pasting code in the latest version. By the way, I don't see any mal-code in the aaa stuff, but don't take my word alone on it.

Marley
04-19-2015, 03:59 PM
funny but there are so many like aaa so really dont need it

dara
04-19-2015, 04:14 PM
funny but there are so many like aaa so really dont need it

True, but aaa was one of those trying to fill the mashup vacuum. Have to be flexible and have other options.

dara
04-20-2015, 04:04 PM
I do have a number of add-ons that were authored by Mikey1234 that no longer work, because of code that refers to stores related to the xunity website. We'll see if he comes back with his ball.

Marley
04-20-2015, 07:55 PM
just this this on few apps

sorry folks all list will be gone
till aaa get it off there repo
aaa yous are twats get my plugin off yer repo
get a grip of yer self
no 1 wants to be on your shitty repo

will that sucks for me and many others

Marley
04-20-2015, 08:04 PM
what i like to know is how do they know that if i have aaa installed ?

dara
04-20-2015, 08:35 PM
what i like to know is how do they know that if i have aaa installed ?

At the add-on level it's a few lines in the default script of the add-on, looking for "plugin.video.aaastream". You can use a text editor and search for that in the code, and change it to look for something else, or use the modified addon where I changed the name of the aaastream addon. I'm not sure how they do that with a repo check, though

dara
04-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Someone posted this on youtube.

https://t.co/aOCx34TSAU

Kind of lame.

radmacks
04-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Private Facebook posts say they will be back up soon having issues

dara
04-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Well, xunity is back up.

dara
04-24-2015, 03:13 AM
A truce was declared, AAA stream publicly acknowledging the coding efforts, and the other parties removed the AAA check.

Orziz
04-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Hopefully the war is over..

Kimbo
04-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Awesome "make addons not war" I'm such a tech hippie :)

Kimbo
04-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Here is their peace message:

new message tonight & notice that AAA Streams have changed the some important information in the addon.
Special Thanks to the following developers for their contribution to the current code
and to any future modifications. AAA
Mikey1234 Mettlekettle Kinkin Lambda spoyser Voinage Jasonpc
Highways Eldorado Blazetamer eleazer coding The-one Coolwave
Please contact us via facebook if you are to be included
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
FTV have removed their code for deleting AAA earlier today and Mettlekettle have removed their code also.

Marley
04-24-2015, 04:12 PM
coders are the worst to have a fight with

mookiex4
04-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Here is the modified add-on. It won't pull an automatic update, and even if you hit the update icon, it shouldn't update. Use at your own risk, it doesn't appear that there is anything malicious in the code, but who knows for sure.

Edit: USE ONLY IF YOU WISH NO AUTOUPDATE THROUGH A REPOSITORY SOURCE, OR THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE. If you already have the TV BOXES only on the add-on, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the add-on from an exterior source. Read on for a link.

Thanks Dara for this file. I downloaded last night from AAA Stream website and it starts at 0% download, shows working then it goes right back to the install screen without installing it. Maybe your Zip will help. Is anyone having this same download problem?

dara
04-29-2015, 03:18 PM
The aaastream website will now let you install a repo where you can get the newest version. The file I posted is pretty far behind, but safe, I may update that if there's an issue in the future. Just be warned that some SuperRepo repos still has the version that will overwrite updates.

Marley
04-29-2015, 03:24 PM
yea not working here

dara
04-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Here is the location of the repo.

https://www.adrive.com/public/MzQs8p/repository.aaarepo.zip

kzbm123
10-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Here is the location of the repo.

https://www.adrive.com/public/MzQs8p/repository.aaarepo.zip

#This is not working at all it goes straight to update and then nothing happening

dara
10-10-2015, 12:09 PM
AAA has been dead for a while. Its successor, Zeus video, still works.

tuxen
10-10-2015, 10:10 PM
i know nearly all these "devs" from the beginning when we broke away from xbmc.org. imho most of them are backstabbing bitches, which have resulted in several splits mostly over greed.
i could tell you so many nasty stories, most of these ppl are not real coders they all borrow each others code and most of their addons are based on scaffolds/templates which in itself could be very productive, but instead they are so full of them self that they claim to own code that is passed down and modified several times, delete each others addons and shit. its so pathetic. indecent and childish, that my 3 years old nephew have better manners.

the real coders are the ones that code for themselves and share without a care because that is how they learned to code the above group has completely forgot this fact.
a big salute to ppl like eldorado, lambda, tknorris, and others that have come since, keeping the scene together. these are people not just coding addons but also modules for other coders to use like urlresolver(just about every addon uses this module and its genius), metahandler, all sorts of things that makes it easier to develop for kodi. most of the other assholes have never done anything good for the community as a whole they only think of them self, their fame, and how they can make a quick buck on intellectual property, though they say they don't, but if it was so there would be no fighting.

these idiots have been fighting for 3 years, completely forgotten how they learned to code themselves and repeating their childish stunts instead of keeping the scene together and act with just a tiny bit of decency...