PDA

View Full Version : DREAMLINK T1 VS the S912 box

mctheoryd
10-01-2016, 02:09 AM
Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a Dreamlink T1 for the main purpose of watching IPTV...
However I am also considering the amlogic S912 octa core Android box?

Can someone tell me from their experiences which one is best suitable for IPTV? For the S912 box I will install the
STB EMULATOR.

dara
10-01-2016, 05:31 AM
You might not get a straight answer, as you are comparing a generic Android box, vs. one that is specifically configured for IPTV. It's like comparing a sedan to a pickup truck, because both boxes should be able to get IPTV. You can run the STB Emu on the T1 as well, and both boxes should be able to run Kodi.

You'll be better off doing the research on each box, then making your decision based on that. Any time you buy a generic, you have to accept that you probably won't get much support if it breaks, but you do save some money.

curgs
10-01-2016, 07:15 PM
I had the 912 , got rid of it, real buggy with codecs, had a m8s+ , it was ok but got rid of it as well

Have a T1 now and it is by far the best box out of the 3 imho

mctheoryd
10-02-2016, 08:17 PM
thanks alot guys

I might purchase one next weekend....

fjuman
10-24-2016, 09:05 PM
thanks alot guys

I might purchase one next weekend....

If your main use is for IPTV then go with the DL T1. I've tried both and curgs is correct in terms of s912 being a little buggy (depending on model you get) and so is dara with regards to support. I have been very happy with the dreamlink support (one if the main reasons i prefer a dl over an avov box).

However if you intend on utilizing play store, aptoide and customizing your device, then an s912 by beelink, tronsmart, minix etc (when they finally rls them) might be more for you.