PDA

View Full Version : Are you aware of issue ??

Klegend968
04-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Not sure if our friends NFPS are aware of this issue.

I was watching inside Man (GREAT MOVIE :D) on Cinemax West and this message came on
complaining about user not being active for some time (look at image) then after few minutes it went blank!

Just heads up on this issue if you didnt know about it.

crazed 9.6
04-10-2015, 01:35 AM

I was watching inside Man (GREAT MOVIE :D) on Cinemax West and this message came on
complaining about user not being active for some time (look at image) then after few minutes it went blank!

That would be coming from the on-line source of that program (movie).
His computer seems to be set to go to sleep if no activity in an alotted time.

alphablondy
04-10-2015, 02:44 AM
its nothing to worry about .

grafix_d
04-10-2015, 03:25 AM

Nice catch, things like this will happen as transcoder devise are deployed and ops may not have been fully aware of the these setting nuances from the source.

Thanks for posting.

Klegend968
04-10-2015, 05:36 AM
Thats the problem when you have too many unreliable remote channels, you can never control quality.

Hope they got a backup plan

crazed 9.6
04-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Thats the problem when you have too many unreliable remote channels, you can never control quality.

Hope they got a backup plan

it's not a problem.
IPTV services all around the world never ever carry content that is soley from one source.
You sound like a person that understands things.
How about this... The more content the better, even if that content is remote.
Serviice controls what they can and play with remote content daily (prolly there are machines that will do that).

How many, honestly, how many services have what we have right now as a test period (which has lasted many moons already)

By the way for those that mentioned that before
test means the server is testing, everyone on it is on the ride.
I have mentioned the ride thing couple times in past. You think test is about channels, remote or otherwise ?
Nope.

Test is what ever the server admins choose to test, for their resource ability (iptv and VOD).
testing, one, two, three...

jeanesky
04-10-2015, 12:00 PM
can you add bet and ion television usa

Klegend968
04-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Im fully aware of what you are saying & hey I'm not saying remote is totally bad just saying that a reliable remote service is the way 2 go.
once you lose control over your quality you lose customers ;)

Much thanks for the free ride :D

FCSI
04-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Yea I see it all the time if no activity on that box it goes into a deep sleep and shuts off . That's what you call energy star.