PDA

View Full Version : is EPG on it's way

alphablondy
04-09-2015, 11:23 PM
[channels are increasing by the day. I have a feeling our next gift coming soon from the team at IPTV will be:
the elusive EPG . what are your thoughts on this folks ?

theuduk
04-09-2015, 11:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hEvIEjEJRo

K00lKatT
04-09-2015, 11:40 PM
We'll see more HD before EPG...IMO..

Kimbo
04-09-2015, 11:43 PM
I'm happy on whatever comes first...they are both happily welcome.

theuduk
04-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Things do not always come as expected for instance the Internationals were supposed to be after the channel list was filled but lots of happy foreign language users now, EPG I expect when channels are almost done but hope to be supprised again on that.

SMok3dOUT
04-10-2015, 12:37 AM
HD Channels have pjcked up, Nicklodeon is hard to find, Im im impressed
EPG will be the cream of the croup, HD is great also... cant complain if I wanted to...

K00lKatT
04-10-2015, 12:55 AM
You have to realize this isn't IKS, the EPG doesn't come from the stream source in many cases. IPTV has numerous sources of streams, so it should be apparent the obvious awesome task of creating an EPG for all the sources..hope this clears up the conception...

DualTest
04-10-2015, 01:07 PM
I would think that some channels will be impossible to get a guide for, the numbered sports channels for instance.

munirkk
04-10-2015, 01:18 PM
I think HD is important and then International channels. Just my 2 cents. EPG is nice to have but not that important. u guys know best.

philhu
04-10-2015, 01:30 PM
No, without EPG, you don't know whats on. If you want to create a 'cable' replacement, you need some kind of EPG. No one is going to go to the web all the time to 40 different sites to get program guides per channel.

Also, with an EPG, you can RECORD stuff as it comes up later, if you plug a disk into a MAG254

theuduk
04-10-2015, 01:36 PM
EPG and HD will arrive when they are ready to be implemented, we have personal preferences and members are showing good patience with the coming service.

Niteman
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
All in due time this will com in place.... when its running Ill be more than happy to donate!

DualTest
04-10-2015, 03:58 PM
No, without EPG, you don't know whats on. If you want to create a 'cable' replacement, you need some kind of EPG. No one is going to go to the web all the time to 40 different sites to get program guides per channel.

Also, with an EPG, you can RECORD stuff as it comes up later, if you plug a disk into a MAG254

Why would someone need to record anything that is on the internet?

philhu
04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Why would someone need to record anything that is on the internet?

These are live channels, showing tv shows at specific times, maybe I want it to reciord a show overnight so I can watch it. Like a TIVO would

date
04-10-2015, 07:54 PM
These are live channels, showing tv shows at specific times, maybe I want it to reciord a show overnight so I can watch it. Like a TIVO would

If you have an in put on your dvd recorder then that is one way.

DualTest
04-10-2015, 09:38 PM
By the time you went to watch it there would be multiple feeds online, was my point. You would only have the advantage of one click and watch and that is what you are paying for. Once the system goes live. That and a guide.