PDA

View Full Version : Can you delete channels

iptv
12-13-2014, 05:53 PM
My Mag254 box is on its way, questions to anyone that is already using it
1- Can you delete the channels you do not want (Say all adults); I am not interested in setting up a password etc but to delete them and not have them show up at all (just like on my Dreamlink T5)
2- Any playback issues with recorded shows
Thanks

zensat
12-13-2014, 06:13 PM
My Mag254 box is on its way, questions to anyone that is already using it
1- Can you delete the channels you do not want (Say all adults); I am not interested in setting up a password etc but to delete them and not have them show up at all (just like on my Dreamlink T5)
2- Any playback issues with recorded shows
Thanks

no...they have full control of list.....but you can put in favorite the one you like it and it shows only those.....you can also move them in the list.....

iptv
12-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info Zensat; any idea on the playback of recorded shows?

moskivb
12-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the info Zensat; any idea on the playback of recorded shows?
You have an option to lock the channels you do not want (Say all adults)
It is possible to record, but it is also possible for the subscription provider to disable this function so check with the your supplier.

iptv
12-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Good info, thanks. I guess we will wait and see what the providers allow us. If the VOD library is extensive and new movies are added within a few days of coming on PPV, I will have little need to record. Getting rid of all adult content is very important to me but again will wait and see if the lock option works or I have the ability to only display the apps/buttons I want, that way I can only leave the favorites button and not full TV channel browser.

zensat
12-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Good info, thanks. I guess we will wait and see what the providers allow us. If the VOD library is extensive and new movies are added within a few days of coming on PPV, I will have little need to record. Getting rid of all adult content is very important to me but again will wait and see if the lock option works or I have the ability to only display the apps/buttons I want, that way I can only leave the favorites button and not full TV channel browser.

first problem is to set up time zone correctly to be able to fully use the recording ....second big huge problem is that most video library the play not problem but live channels streams sometime they freez or stop and you need to reload....this uppen with 2 providers i checked....so you got to pray that your record goes all the way.....

iptv
12-15-2014, 05:00 PM
first problem is to set up time zone correctly to be able to fully use the recording ....second big huge problem is that most video library the play not problem but live channels streams sometime they freez or stop and you need to reload....this uppen with 2 providers i checked....so you got to pray that your record goes all the way.....

Interesting stuff, after all it is a hobby so perfection is not expected.

Tony47
12-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Yes you can delete channels that you don't want. First hit tv button on remote when channels show up toggle to channel you want to delete then click button on remote right above volume buttons box will open on screen and click delete

iptv
12-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Thanks Tony47, I now have my Mag254 so I can go ahead and play with it.

BIO
12-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Think that's the list button tony :).

If you're deleting more than one channel you can also do it as a group. Hit the ok button so it shows the channels, f2 button selects the channel, then find the next channel and f2, when you get some channels marked you hit the list and scroll down to delete. Make sure when you exit tv to save the channel list though- because if not it'll look the same when you go back to tv.

That is what i did for the free lists though, not sure if it'll be the same with paid servers

jimmyboscom
01-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Thanks for this info!