PDA

View Full Version : how to set up an MXQ and stalker client?

jgroves
08-14-2016, 08:10 PM
Frankly I am no expert on IPTV, In fact I really don't understand it. I had a ROKU which was plug and play, It had Plex and ran like a chanp.

the upgrade to Rocket IPTV seems quite complex. Apparently the latest version of MXQ and the current version of KODI (whoever he is) are different from the older versions.

I followed the nearest examples I could find, and though the person who put together the IPTV Tutorial (for a different box) there is much missing. For example:

f) If ALL Steps above are complete, REBOOT and load up the Panel.
g) You should have access to over +700 Channels, and more than +600 Movies On Demand
(Updated Weekly).

What does "Load up the panel" mean? What panel? How to test if the local MXQ is configured? is it reaching Rocket? Kodi has multiple TV options, multiple movie options from 'search to my movies', to 'istream' etc. What are those things? What seems intuitive to me is a button/link to rocketiptv. but that doesn't exist.

Anyway, back to the beginning. Is there a detailed set of instructions for the MXQ that does not assume people are born knowing what and where a 'panel' is?

Thanks for any guidance.

catz
08-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Did you look below for answers? there is a section for that receiver.

jgroves
08-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Yup, looked there, there is MAG but not MXQ,

It is unclear if the problem is getting stalker working, or configuring KODI or some other issue. Hard to tell. But reading indicates there should be a 'stalker' option to connect in the startup options of where to connect. And there is none. But I may not understand the system.

catz
08-14-2016, 09:29 PM
Did you look here??
http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?17-Other-Android-TV-Boxes

ilan
08-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Within Kodi...

System > Settings > Add-ons > My add-ons > PVR clients > Stalker Client > Configure

Follow the guide for the built-in Stalker Client in the Kodi PVR Client section further down the home page.

jgroves
08-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Thank You ilan.

yes I followed instructions, though where it says no.Username - I assume that field is left blank not "no.username"

finished the settings went to home. then rebooted back to home.

options are:
* Online Video
* My Recommends
* Settings
* My Apps
* Local
* clear memory

and what appears a video player icon, a music icon, a Kodi icon, an android icon and a + icon.

the Kodi Icon presents
* Pictures
* iStream
* videos
* music
* Programs
* settings
*** each has sub menus ***

any thoughts here as IPTV is nowhere to be found.

ilan
08-15-2016, 05:19 PM
I don't know where you are seeing the no.username field.

Under Kodi options, you follow the Settings and ensuing steps I mentioned above.

Marley
08-15-2016, 05:28 PM
yea its there your doing something wrong like not on right stalker

jgroves
08-15-2016, 05:30 PM
I don't know where you are seeing the no.username field.

Under Kodi options, you follow the Settings and ensuing steps I mentioned above.

in the setup for stalker where the instructions from iptv papio are for entering UN/PW/MAC

jgroves
08-15-2016, 05:33 PM
yea its there your doing something wrong like not on right stalker

what does that mean? "not on right stalker?"

I put the credentials into the first (port IIRC, there were 3 to chose from)

My questions where is or how do I find the IPTV or stalker button?

cwh060
08-15-2016, 07:51 PM
jgroves, I know it's a bit confusing and it takes quite a bit of reading.

The livetv menu item only appears on your Kodi menu once the PVR is selected, configured properly and you enable the option under Settings=>TV=>enabled. I'd suggest, if you havn't already, go back to the original Kodi skin to start with. It sound like you have a custom skin installed from a third party site. Nothing wrong with them at all, I've used many, but getting IPTV working is tough enough without the added pressure of trying to find all the settings in a custom skin.

I'm not at home now, but if I remember the username/pw are your donation number.

There are a number of stalker clients, all have different features. I think if you use IPTV plus stalker, there is not live tv menu item. It works just like any other Kodi Plugin. I use the Stalker that came with Kodi and IPTV Plus to serve up M3U channels, although more complicated to set up, it works the best for my home set up.

cwh.

jgroves
08-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Found stalkerplus. Put it on a thumb. Installed it from zip.

when adding it to videos > plugins it responds must be integers not str - access denied.

so -- how can I tell what version of kodi I am running - or is it the version of android? Like google it appears Kodi have chosen to confuse their users by abandoning revision levels and use arbitrary names. am I isnregard? Jarvis, or am I just an ass for not knowing intuitively what revision I am running?

At least windows still numbers their releases.

cwh060
08-18-2016, 01:54 PM
If you go to System=>System Info on the Kodi main screen it will show you the Build number. On my machines I'm using Kodi 16.1-RC2. I must admit, I use W10 machines for IPTV. I do have an android box but not using IPTV. If I have time this weekend, I will fire it up my Minix X7 and try it out IPTV Stalker +. I use SPMC instead of Kodi on Android. It's an offshoot to Kodi.

If you go to the **********/clairvoyance site and add as a source you can pick up pvr stalker version 10.2.4 under Video Add ons.

I have had too many problems with running things on Android, I have totally moved all my television boxes to Windows machines.

Even the cheapest W10 devices run better than Android and I can configure them with ease. Remote control is problematic, but a wireless key board or an FLIRC solves that problem. I have two Pipo machines which are not in use (an X7 and a screen touch X9) even with their minimal hardware, they run great.

cwh

jgroves
08-18-2016, 06:37 PM
cwh060, thanks.

Using got me to the **********/clairvoyance site. What they don't show is you must download and install the clairvoyance theme and repository before you can load stalker plus, the youtube was loaded so he skipped a few steps. Anyway, once the clairvoyance theme/repository is installed his instructions are accurate for NFPS.

Unfortunately the configuration for rocket is different. can you confirm?

Name - that is optional preference.
server: is 22rocket
MAC: is my last 3 of my assigned mac
login: is left blank (or is it my donation?)
Password: is my entire assigned MAC
send device info: is left off

Is this correct?

jgroves
08-18-2016, 07:17 PM
The reason I am asking is list indicies must be integers error - failed login

In stalker is the last three of the mac entered with or without colon?

Is the user name and password a 13 digit donation? from the donation confirmation below in blue below it could be no user name is required and the password is the mac.

the instructions are cryptic. this is what I got in an email, it is confusing:

Please*use*the*following*IPTV*+*Free*IKS*Donationa s*the*Username*and*Password*in*your*Receiver:
No.Username*and*PasswordMAC*Address 1

I emailed for a mac and papio replied with a mac which I entered.

UPDATE:

entered the entire custom MAC per donation with colon, it is rejected as invalid.

jgroves
08-19-2016, 12:51 AM
I just discovered that rocket iptv is not working.

cwh060
08-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Sorry for the late response, I ended up away this past weekend.

Name - Yes any name you like.
server: is 22rocket, should be selectable, I use iptv66
MAC: is my last 3 of my assigned mac. You pick the numbers between 00-FF, like this 01:3A:4F this plugin only needs three sets.
login: is left blank (or is it my donation?). This is your donation number.
Password: is my entire assigned MAC This is your donation number.
send device info: Turn it on.
Custom info: Turn it on.

Serial Number: Any combination of letters or digits..ie CWH123456789AB
Device ID: Any combination of letter or digits...ie DELLMACHINE12345

After you are set up. Log into Rocket and reset your IPTV link or whatever they call it. On IPTV66 it's called RESET MAC. Make sure the MAC numbers match. On the site is might look like this, 00:1A:78:01:3A:4F The first three sets (00:1A:78) are common for everyone using Windows/Android. Make sure it's not 00:1A:79 this is for MAG boxes.

After the reset, open the plugin and try selecting something.

Good luck,
I'll check back tonight if I have time.
cwh

AZlink
10-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Hello, just my 2 cents on this setup
I came across with a MXQ Android TV box and found the same problem, this is how I solved it.
First go to settings then apps uninstall KODI, after uninstalling go to Play Store and install the Kodi you will find at Play Store, then run Kodi and all the APPs you are missing will appear, finally follow the instructions given here on page 1 of this post and enjoy TV.

yuvraj078
12-24-2016, 07:42 AM
you look below for answers?option to connect in the startup options of where to connect. And there is none. But I may not understand the system.