PDA

View Full Version : whats your favourite iptv box and why and rating

Kodi64
12-12-2014, 04:54 PM
starting this to maybe help stop what box should I get lol like let me have my fantasy
anyway
I currently have or had in my possession
Measy B4K very bad play back jerky best for hard wired 2 out 5
AvovVox1 easy to use still needs improvements on server and picture needs to be cleaned up play back is a hit and miss with buffering 3 out of 5
Mag 254 not easy to navigate is slow to load from start picture is very clean wireless works just as good as hardwired missing and nice to see if we could get kodi on it but we can't score this 4.1 out of 5
mygica 582 fast wireless very good clean picture having s/w issues latest box gets hot reported warranty they stand behind what they sell 4 out of 5
mag254 is my favourite then the Mygica
hope to see more on other boxes remember this is my opinion others will differ
:cool:

Supermanwest
12-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Anxiously waiting to read what others have to say.

Marley
12-15-2014, 04:38 AM
hope that will be tomorrow

Gordc
12-15-2014, 05:34 AM
hope that will be tomorrow

Me too! Bring on some new toys :)

Deadwood
12-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Since I have the Dreamlink T5 and I've been happy with it, I'm going to buy a Dreamlink Android 4.2 Smart Tv box as I've read nothing but good reviews to the point where some are having trouble shutting it off and going to bed. Apparently it works with just about everything out there including XBMC. Choice made, final answer......:)

STRAIT/UP
12-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Well finally turn the power on,,, a G-Box-Q Octo Core, XBMC/Kodi , 2g/16g , 4K , just powered it up yesterday ,, Not enough up time yet to rate it,, But so far so so good,,,

Marley
12-15-2014, 04:29 PM
got yourself a very nice box strait/up what i been reading owned a few older ones

STRAIT/UP
12-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Well Bro:: As I'm new to this world,, I really like it , great picture, Thought it might be a bit faster ,but, still getting feel for it ,, but i catch on and (up ) quick, .. going to take a Aramada Mach 8 for a test run in the near future too ...

Marley
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
you know you only go as fast a the firmware lets you

date
12-15-2014, 08:12 PM
That is true and because of this I stay away from any box that will restrict me to what version of software I can install, I would like to have the freedom to test and custom things my own.

There is away that you can convert your box to any box you want, I have seen it on the net, as long you can find the away to get access to the boot from on the box then by using the new loader fowling with the new software. there is a risk that you might brick your box but I guess that is the way the manufacture how they do it, they get a naked box then they get access to the boot from then by the loader they install any software they want.

Marley
12-15-2014, 08:22 PM
then you should be running linux xbmc

Android Man
12-15-2014, 10:24 PM
My favorite iptv box is the Mag 254 unit.
My favorite Android xbmc/kodi box is the dreamlink android.
My second best android xbmc/kodi boxes all come in second cause I like them all.
MyGica atv582
ott M8 quad core
Minix neo x8-h

inter97
12-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Mag254 it is.

nkkmag254
06-14-2015, 04:42 PM
mag 254 big up!

Ipguy
06-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Mag 254 is my first favorite and my second favorite is the Avov TV online.

Kimbo
06-14-2015, 04:48 PM
IPTV Box for me is the Mag 254, because of its plug and play simple, price and support.

Marley
06-14-2015, 05:25 PM
its avov2 then the rest of avov then mag 254 why i like the interface of avov but really cant say chit tell we go private all of them do great job would really like to test it when we go private for me i dont like sd only one it looks good on is my old edtv plasma cant wait for hd and yes sd sucks to me on iks so its not boxes

Lowteck
06-14-2015, 06:25 PM
:cool:I have to say, in spite of the price, it would be the AVOV 2 because it has KODI. It opens a whole new world to the IPTV.

wickedjoker
06-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Here is what I have and currently use

IPTV -
MAG 254 .... This box is great small and portable. Setup for a novice is 2 out of 5 just clunky and can get confusion. Picture hardwired is 5/5 just my opinion i have not tested wireless cause i am to cheap to buy the wireless dongle being that is does not come with wireless that really sucks but again i guess it keeps the form factor down. There is not XBMC so thats a bummer but its an IPTV box guess i cant expect that. Instructions are in the box but very basic. Over all I would say a 4 out 5 once you get it running it is really solid very little buffering issues.

AVOV VIOX 2 ... I just received this box it the Mickey Hop service is nice to have. So the good, easy to setup 5 out of 5 any novice can do this. XBMC you get the latest beta of isengard me personally i would rather have the stable build of helix not sure why they would want you on a beta so i give it a 3 out of 5 at least you have XBMC if you want it. I see people complaining of the picture the quality I do not have any issue with the picture quality on TV online or in XBMC however I do notice buffering I am wifi with this unit so this could be part of the problem. However I also had a MINIX in the the same spot with out the buffering issues so picture for me is 4/5. You get built in wireless and a controller for games. No instructions in the box lots of apps to download so its nice to see this. Overall I wold say 4.2 of 5 still a very good unit as it is super easy to get it going.

Now for the XBMC BOX the good the bad and the ugly quite literally!

Minix Neo x8-h plus... I LOVE THIS BOX. I will start by saying for me it is a 5 of 5 the picture is flawless. The instructions come in the box again basic yes I know how to plug in my HDMI cable lol. There are lots of usb ports takes a standard SD card for more disk space. Mine came with the A2 Lite wireless mouse and k/b it broke after two weeks they replaced it for free although i did incur a ship to them charge. The Firmware needs to be upgrade but once you get to the right version it auto updates so nice. There tons of community support for this box I wish it had custom ROMS you could play with but i'd probably just brick the box cause that how I roll. Easy setup over all it has Gotham pre-loaded this is their build they recommend I removed it and put on Helix works like a charm. IPTV Stalker runs good it has its good days and bad days seems like late night works the best not sure why. The box is thin and small still easy to move around I like taking them with me when I leave town so its nice that is compact. So over all I will give this box a 5 out of 5 even though a novice will find it hard to setup but once you figure this box out you will fall in love with it hands down.

MXQ Clone...This was my fist box I bought it for 50 bucks on amazon. What can I say its a clone box its slow but stable. There is some community support for the clone boxes but its hard to find and time consuming to read all the issues. This box was loaded with Helix and Andys Build from I.totalxbmc. I loaded the Mega-Tron ROM it seems to still be working I gave it to my neighbor since he does not have cable he loves it. The only complaint from him is the IPTV Stalker buffers badly. This is hardwired on a 20MB connection. There are good day like the UFC this weekend worked flawless for him on the box. It has build in wireless lots of usb ports and can take a standard SD card for more storage. Overall this box is a 3.5 out of 5 still a great beginners box.

Matricom G box Q...Now for the ugly I HATE THIS BOX worse box I have paid for yet the specs look great but boy does it suck. There is community for this box but from what I could see not very helpful. Forget about buying the G FlyMouse its a POS with this box you cant type with it. There are plenty of usb ports and full sd card port. The picture once again is great i would say 5/5. I used Helix and Andys build. The ROM was already to the latest version though they did have a BETA available I did not do it why open my self up to more issues. Helix would constantly crash on this box. The UI is ok and not so easy to navigate took me a second to get use to it. IPTV Stalker worked on it but like said Helix would crash. There was talk on the forums to go down to Gotham why would I want to do that such crap? My opinion is stay away from this box until they get the bugs worked out maybe in another 6 months or so. Overall this box is a 2 out of 5 with a big stay away from it.

Sorry for any typos!

Kimbo
06-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Very good and complete review Wicked!!!Thank you!!!

Marley
06-15-2015, 08:42 PM
well Minix Neo x8-h plus is yr behind in development so me i give box 3 out 5 like many other boxes which is not bad it a good box its really not the box anymore its what firmware they run and what software you run me from the cheapest stick to the 300 dollar boxes i dont get freeze or anything like that the dual stays at 720p quad at 1080p dont have 4k so really dont care about that yet going to buy 80 inch 4k within a yr if wife lets me but by then newer boxes will come out on avov2 i run kodi at 1080p all time no freeze tvonline that another story its them and soon will change picture on the mag or avov as of day give it both 6 out of ten but both can do 1080p which i would luv to see dont like sd my tv were not made for that sd sucks big time so i sit here and wait till the day we have hd 1080p for vod and for live 720p that will make my day now to rate a box sure for iptv i give mag254 or avov 6 out 10 any other box for me about a 5 but hope all will change soon and can tell you get old edtv plasma one for now picture is best on them for now for iptv

Kimbo
06-15-2015, 10:02 PM
I hope the wife lets you get the 4K, they are getting cheaper and better!!
well Minix Neo x8-h plus is yr behind in development so me i give box 3 out 5 like many other boxes which is not bad it a good box its really not the box anymore its what firmware they run and what software you run me from the cheapest stick to the 300 dollar boxes i dont get freeze or anything like that the dual stays at 720p quad at 1080p dont have 4k so really dont care about that yet going to buy 80 inch 4k within a yr if wife lets me but by then newer boxes will come out on avov2 i run kodi at 1080p all time no freeze tvonline that another story its them and soon will change picture on the mag or avov as of day give it both 6 out of ten but both can do 1080p which i would luv to see dont like sd my tv were not made for that sd sucks big time so i sit here and wait till the day we have hd 1080p for vod and for live 720p that will make my day now to rate a box sure for iptv i give mag254 or avov 6 out 10 any other box for me about a 5 but hope all will change soon and can tell you get old edtv plasma one for now picture is best on them for now for iptv

dreamer
06-25-2015, 04:40 AM
Mag 254 works nice. Controls are a bit different from the older boxes that I have used. I would rate the performance at 4 out of 5. My biggest complaint would be the remote. If it was backlit it would be a lot easier to read.
Thinking about trying a MXQ Amlogic S805 anyone else try this box and will it even work with the iptv.

wickedjoker
06-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Mag 254 works nice. Controls are a bit different from the older boxes that I have used. I would rate the performance at 4 out of 5. My biggest complaint would be the remote. If it was backlit it would be a lot easier to read.
Thinking about trying a MXQ Amlogic S805 anyone else try this box and will it even work with the iptv.

Its a great box it was my first one and for the price its hard to beat. Its a little slow but overall its rock solid. I have had very little issues with it I decided to use the megatron rom which I think has helped with stability. I would recomend trying the Avov Vixo 2 or the Minix Neo 8H Plus both are way more expensive than that of the MXQ but both are way better.

admin7
07-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Well; I have the Amazon Fire TV and use it everyday I'm just hoping it will work with the new IPTV service once they go live :) does anyone else have this box that could say...

thanks!

Cd001111
07-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I'm using a Mac Mini with KODI 14.2, I hate the computer it's just to slow to use as a computer but it works just fine as a TV box, it's quicker once in KODI than my generic android box.

Gamipi
07-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Its a great box it was my first one and for the price its hard to beat. Its a little slow but overall its rock solid. I have had very little issues with it I decided to use the megatron rom which I think has helped with stability. I would recomend trying the Avov Vixo 2 or the Minix Neo 8H Plus both are way more expensive than that of the MXQ but both are way better.

weird i guess there is no solution for everyone

i hate my Minix Neo x8-h plus

had it for a week and had nothing but problems, this is not my first rodeo either just dunno i guess what i want it for it has comparability issues

altanava
07-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Well I've had a few... Started with an Apple TV 2 jail broke it and installed XBMC, great for a couple of years to slow and buggie now. Loved the Amazon Fire TV and FIRE TV STICK (what a bargain), now I'm using a MINIX NEO X8-H plus, really nice and fast, some bugs here and there but with great firmware updates. Two others not worth mentioning. Hope they find a way to make IPTV private servers work on my MINIX, can't afford to change, and simply don't want to, the MINIX is gorgeous and does so much more and so well.

blackkiwi13
07-26-2015, 11:47 PM
? Will my FireTV will no longer work with Iptv Stalker am I correct in this thought and I have to purchase a new box??

big dady
07-27-2015, 12:01 AM
? Will my FireTV will no longer work with Iptv Stalker am I correct in this thought and I have to purchase a new box??

Wrong place to ask go to fire ty section and start your own thread there and you will get all the help you need

MrGoodfoot
09-01-2015, 07:41 AM
I'm looking at buying an M8S+ box. Anyone have experience with it?

Kung-fu-jack
09-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Sorry if I sound dumb. I'm new to this forum and have been reading some around the site. Not sure what I should do, and maybe and I hope so anyways that someone can help me.
Okay I've had satellite systems like viewsats, sonicviews, even back to the direct tv football card error. I still have a couple of the sonicview 360 elites, are they any use now?
I haven't been involved in forum life in years.
I recently heard about the fire stick and kodi system and I bought it from a friend . Genesis still works but buffers a lot kicking me out.
The addon I liked most was the IPTV Stalker but it went out 1 week after I bought the system and was bummed out about that.
But I've researched and found that they are selling codes for quite a few type systems .
What should I do?

big dady
09-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Kung-fu-jack look in the amazon fire tv section and also the kodi section to see info on what to do to get your fire stick up and running

dmdod
10-25-2015, 12:08 PM
New to IPTV and I am also comparing the M8S+ vs MINIX NEO X8-H Plus Android TV Box. Is the Minix box worth the extra cost? Are they both factory rooted... etc. Has anyone loaded any builds, such as the Beast? Would love to hear of any issues.

bborsx
11-23-2015, 03:29 AM
matricom g box octo core, so far so good, smooth playback, good speed.. cant complaint with this one

nelsonlfs
11-23-2015, 01:32 PM
got a matricom gbox its ok but i just got an nvidia shield tv and its awesome ( speed, quality, games, awesome controls, ect... most important its doesnt buffer much like my gbox)

Capt. Canada
03-15-2016, 01:37 PM
i like the Mag 254 for IPTV but for all-around box I prefer the TV Online+... easy set up and pretty smooth use

saga13mx
03-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Im pulling the plug on IKS and going all the way with IPTV. I been using my mag250 and Fire stick (stalker) they work just fine but I want to know if there's a better option. This is what I really want:

IPTV with a nice epg and kodi in the same box
Ethernet port for better speeds
Good RAM

So far I leaning to the upcoming dreamlink T1 or nvidia shield but I think for IPTV on this box it has to be tru stalker?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

LoveIPTV
03-30-2016, 11:43 PM
Hello. I am new here and i am looking to try and do some testing. I have tested several FTA boxes in the past. I am looking for my first IPTV box. Can anyone recommend an great receiver to me. I really do not know much about this. But i am sure that i will learn with everyone else help and some reading. Do they have something with FTA? Or is there something out there that i can do away with all the work of FTA and still have the same stuff?

wickedjoker
03-31-2016, 12:24 AM
I think right now you are better doing separate boxes do to all the changes happening. But I could be wrong. If you are looking for just IPTV use the Mag Boxes if you want TV and Kodi go with Avov TVonline or Fuse. From what I have seen from my buddies box whats on FTA is pretty much on the IPTV and things are changing constantly for the good.

Good Luck

shottas90053
04-08-2016, 12:10 AM
My gica is pretty legit... no lag and also pretty fast!

CloudSurf
05-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Hi, the Minix Neo x8-h is more expensive than the AVOV 2. Is the difference worth paying? I am considering either.

wickedjoker
05-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Spec wise they are about the same the minix has an extra gig of ram. I used to use the minix but moved away because I wanted a device that is specific to IPTV and that can do kodi. I would suggest the AVOV over minix but check out the TVONLINE 4 box it has better specs and is available for purchase now.

Deadwood
05-27-2016, 07:48 PM
Well, I've decided to update my original post on this since I've changed a few boxes since then and my favorite IPTV android box would be a Nvidia Shield TV 16gb or basic version as it has a whole lot more and a whole lot more hardware power to do it. I have the AVOV Vixo 2 which also comes with free games and a controller but its not in the same league and it doesn't have the hardware, ports or graphic engine and memory to be on par with the Nvidia box. Downside, the Nvidia is about double the cost so it comes down to what you want and how much. I ordered the AVOV TVonline4 box which has a 2ghz processor and Bluetooth 4 but it comes up short with the older T10, T100 ethernet port and USB 2.0 ports. As for the graphics, its too early to tell but it will be tough to match Nividia's Tecra graphics and its frame rates per second on Ultra HD / 4K.
The Nvidia Shield comes with free games, Kodi, Google Playstore, ( but limited apps similar to AVOV Vixo 2 & Mickeyhop). Nvidia box doesn't have a hard reset, just a software reset which makes a locked up box harder to get back to factory default.

the_dag89
08-29-2016, 08:17 AM
hi all, i am interested in an IPTV sub. and I need to buy an IPTV box. The MAG254 seems to be the preferred choice for IPTV with the providers in my country but I would like a box with the possibility of installing Netflix, Youtube and Kodi, which I understand is not possible with a MAG box.

Would I suffer from lag/buffering if I choose another box or are there other options with my requirements still up to the task? If yes, which box would you suggest? Thanks

PRPirate
12-12-2016, 12:34 AM
At this point in time, is the mag 254 still the best box if you want just IPTV? I see there are newer models of Mags now? Which is better?

crazed 9.6
12-12-2016, 12:51 AM
the 254 never fails me

crazed 9.6
12-12-2016, 12:55 AM
you gotta watch the Mag receivers, some are for strictly networking situations, like a college network or etc
The 272 models are like that i think.
I could be wrong, but in fact the Mag boxes are not all the same