PDA

View Full Version : Dolby Digital cutting out on TVonline4

crassus
07-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Hello,

First post here. I've been following the Avov saga on this site for past few weeks. So I own an AFTV, Nvidia Shield and TVonline4. I've been comparing them for Dolby Digital output. They are all running basically same version of Kodi with same addons (just cloned from one to the other). The Shield and AFTV work flawlessly with passing DD 5.1 through...the TVOnline4 passes it as well but cuts out every 7 seconds or so for about 0.5 seconds. It's just enough to be an irritant so I've moved away from it for now. There are other issues with it like I can't set a static IP address as it always defaults back to DHCP but I can live with that for now. I've emailed and called AVOV (more than once) with no response back so coming here and reading what others have to say helps with understanding the current situation.

My question to group is anyone else experiencing Dolby Digital cut outs like me? I've searched the site and didn't see any other comments on this topic but it's also possible I didn't know what I was doing when I put in the search parameters either. Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marley
07-20-2016, 03:04 PM
someone said this a few weeks ago and now your second one that all i know and i post if this is bluetooth i had np at all now on a receiver i dont know

crassus
07-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I guess I should have stated my setup: all my units feed into a Yamaha RX-A3010 receiver. All inputs are set the same so the output to speakers s/b the same. I've swapped units between receiver inputs and the problem follows the TVonline4. I've tried numerous kodi settings but all to no avail. With that said, regular PCM output is unaffected. It just affects DD 5.1. Not sure what you mean by Bluetooth as everything coming into Yamaha receiver is all HDMI (no optical/coax digital cables). I did try optical input into my Yamaha from TVonline4 as well but had same result. I've given up for now and am focusing on the Shield but at some point, do want to get to root cause of this issue.

My TVonline4 is set to HDMI passthrough and I tried the other one called audio digital detection I believe but that did not matter either. I also cannot set the unit to either PCM or the SPDIF option as it always defaults to passthrough OR the audio digital detection (even when I connected the optical cable, I still couldn't get the setting to stay on TVonline4).

Marley
07-20-2016, 03:22 PM
thanks i sent what you said to avov and try this http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?20183-anyone-need-talk-to-avov

crassus
07-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Thank you asft!

crassus
07-20-2016, 04:17 PM
asft, I did send a detailed email to that address a week ago and have received no response back from Avov.

Marley
07-20-2016, 06:03 PM
I just asked them that about you lets see what they tell me ill get back to you

Marley
07-21-2016, 07:26 PM
do this send them a pm again from http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...d-talk-to-avov lets see

crassus
07-21-2016, 09:27 PM
I did get a response today from Avov.....the answers provided to my questions however were a bit of a letdown. Their response to my Dolby Digital cutting out question was this "No solution for Dolby issue".

I also mentioned that I cannot set a static IP (No solution for this) and I couldn't set the audio selections to either PCM or SPDIF (no solution for this).

Another question I asked was about Netflix and their support for it. They stated that 'Netflix will no longer be supported on the box'. So for those of you like me who were waiting for this to happen, it apparently won't from them.

I am happy that they did finally respond.

Marley
07-22-2016, 01:37 AM
will they didnt lie but was not good news for you really dont think other box maker would have said anything to you

crassus
07-22-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes, I would have liked to know more info but I'll take what I can get. I highly value good customer support so I'm hoping they continue to push ahead and do what they need to do.

crassus
07-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Hey asft,

From reading many posts, we're getting some good traction on knocking issues down with Avov. Maybe you can use your influence on fixing some of these issues that I've already contacted them on:
1. Dolby Digital cutting out
2. Can't set static IP
3. Audio section settings won't stay set

From my perspective, item #1 is top priority. I'm working around #2 and #3. Thank you for your help!

pigbait
07-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Hey asft,

From reading many posts, we're getting some good traction on knocking issues down with Avov. Maybe you can use your influence on fixing some of these issues that I've already contacted them on:
1. Dolby Digital cutting out
2. Can't set static IP
3. Audio section settings won't stay set

From my perspective, item #1 is top priority. I'm working around #2 and #3. Thank you for your help!

I have the same problem and got banned for mentioning it. But hopefully avov will fix it soon so your not the only guy. I also made mention about it to avov.

Marley
07-27-2016, 04:02 PM
i didnt have time yesterday will send to them today and you can to i posted how to talk to them on sticky and they do get back to you

crassus
07-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Excellent asft....thank you for your help. Pigbait, sorry to hear u have same issue as I do. Let's hope Avov can dial this is in as I do like my TVonline4 unit....and I believe they will eventually.

pigbait
07-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Excellent asft....thank you for your help. Pigbait, sorry to hear u have same issue as I do. Let's hope Avov can dial this is in as I do like my TVonline4 unit....and I believe they will eventually.

Its definitely related to something with andriod as this also happens to my MXQ pro with S905 chip. So it might not be an avov thing might even be a problem with kodi it's self.

crassus
07-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Not real sure on what could be culprit. My Nvidia shield runs Kodi and SPMC with no issue (also has Android 6 loaded). My AFTV just runs Kodi with no issue as well. I did install SPMC on TVonline4 and it made no difference as I still had the DD cutout issue.

pigbait
07-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Not real sure on what could be culprit. My Nvidia shield runs Kodi and SPMC with no issue (also has Android 6 loaded). My AFTV just runs Kodi with no issue as well. I did install SPMC on TVonline4 and it made no difference as I still had the DD cutout issue.

Nvidia has correct andriod media codec API, while amlogic uses there own amcodec video API from my understanding Kodi 17 will be dropping support for amlogic video codec (it will still work) but they are recommending amlogic to start using the correct API and this could be where the problem is.

It's probably more an Amlogic hardware and firmware problem then an Avov problem. as all my amlogic chipsets have DD abd DTS passthrough problem. Only thing we can hope for is Avov can convince amlogic to start using the correct API.

crassus
07-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the education on that....do u happen to know what Amazon Fire TV uses? It passes DD just fine, no glitches at all.