PDA

View Full Version : Android Box w/ Modified Kodi + Stalker0.5

mcpuffins4
04-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Hi fellowes & ladies

I am NOT complaining...just TESTING the IPTV server with an Android box using the modified Kodi 14.1 w/ Stalker o.5 client.

I am get connectivity and most of the channels, no issues. After connection within 5 minutes I have been getting a 2-3 sec. " micro-buffering " .
This occurs ever 10 seconds; and then freezes and then back to sound & picture. The shows are watchable JUST wondering if any other TESTERS are getting the same results.. I have uninstalled and re installed the ' Modified Kodi-stalker ' bin just b/c... no change.

I have cleared the cache, and other tweaks usually recommended for the KODI media center. I have been using the Android solution for about a year so would not consider myself a " rookie "; BUT am always learning something everyday.

Does anybody have any TIPS or IDEAS...

Thanx in advance
McPuff

dara
04-03-2015, 05:33 PM
You can extend the PVR buffer in Kodi. You have to add this code to the "advancedsettings.xml" in your userdata directory

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>20</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>

You can increase the number to cache more, but you will extend the time to change a channel, or at least to see video. I'm not sure if it works all that well, to be honest.

alphablondy
04-03-2015, 05:38 PM
the emulators do have issues with the android boxes compared to having Kodi loaded using windows on a computer

mcpuffins4
04-03-2015, 05:51 PM
You can extend the PVR buffer in Kodi. You have to add this code to the "advancedsettings.xml" in your userdata directory

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>20</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>

You can increase the number to cache more, but you will extend the time to change a channel, or at least to see video. I'm not sure if it works all that well, to be honest.

Thx Dara I will try the adjustments to the .xmladvances set. file.. and report back......

alphablondy
04-03-2015, 05:56 PM
kodi doesn't seem to save the settings i find. I usually just clear the cache & zero cache it,followed by the advanced acknowleged next to it, whenever i turn Kodi on.