PDA

View Full Version : newbie getting error script failed

chippa
04-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Tried to run kodi on my PC following BIO's instructions to run addons but I get an error: "script failed". Can someone tell me how to get started with iptv on my PC. I also have a rocket. Do I need the rocket code to use iptv?

I am currently using IKS and have been doing some reading but I am still foggy about getting iptv, as I am not seeing any sticky that I can follow.

dara
04-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Where did you get the 'script failed'? What exactly did you do? If you are stumped, maybe you should check this thread out, especially post #1, which has a link to a Kodi version that has the PVR addon installed:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1015-stalker-client-pvr-add-on

If this is your first shot at using Kodi, I suggest you watch a few youtube videos on how to use it.

chippa
04-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks dara. Bio has a post in the Kobi addon section and I installed Kobi, added the source path for media, etc. Everything went fine, except when I tried to view a channel I got this error message.

Anyway, I will check the link you posted. However, if my original questions were answered it would help to further direct my research, but thanks for replying.

dara
04-02-2015, 10:45 PM
At this point the rocket donation isn't needed. Script errors occur for many reasons, sometimes no access to a server, or a file path, or lack of dependencies. Because I don't know what you are doing, its hard to guess. If you already have installed the PVR client and was getting the channel load, script errors shouldn't be an issue with that, but if you are just running a video addon, it may not be you if you properly configured, but the provider may be down.

chippa
04-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Well I read the link like I did before you pointed me to it an there are more questions than answers:
"appropriate zip file"? (what is this file?
"uninstall old version first" (version of what, Kobi, emulator or stalker client?

I am not exactly seeing the logics of what is required, forgive me for my ignorance, but I am willing and humble enough to learn. So far I have not been lucky to find anything for a newb like me.

chippa
04-02-2015, 11:00 PM
At this point the rocket donation isn't needed. Script errors occur for many reasons, sometimes no access to a server, or a file path, or lack of dependencies. Because I don't know what you are doing, its hard to guess. If you already have installed the PVR client and was getting the channel load, script errors shouldn't be an issue with that, but if you are just running a video addon, it may not be you if you properly configured, but the provider may be down.
Thanks, didn't know I needed a PVR Client as I wasn't really interested in recording anything. However, by the looks of it, seems that one is needed to facilitate the process. So thanks, I will try to find a link to a PVR Client. Anyway, I would like to test it on my Win7 PC while the whole new scenario is being sorted out in tv land. So what client do I look for for my PC?

dara
04-02-2015, 11:15 PM
OK, I think I understand where you are now. To view the IPTV provided by NFPS on Kodi, you will need to install the Stalker PVR Client. Kodi is designed to be a media center, and PVR clients are used to view video provided by a server... doesn't matter if you want to record or not. If installed Kodi from scratch, it isn't every useful until you install video addons, or that client.

chippa
04-02-2015, 11:35 PM
look for the link that's on the post one, .

Thanks dara, but you lost me there. I am not seeing any post like that. Could you give some links to what I need?
Also, I have a rocket not NFSP. I am a bit confused, although I must admit I am understanding the procedure, but can't find what I need.

dara
04-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Sorry, my bad. You'll need to install the add-on through Kodi, but I don't have the time to explain how right now.

chippa
04-03-2015, 12:14 AM
okay thanks dara, just downloaded the file and can't find it on my computer. will try again tomorrow.

dara
04-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Make sure that you have downloaded this file: pvr.stalker.client-win32-0.5.zip

This is the correct PVR client for a Kodi PC install. Do not unzip it. Once you have it, go to System> Settings in Kodi, and scroll down to "Add-ons". Select "Install from zip file", and in that dialog, locate the file that you had downloaded, and then let it install the file. If you see "Stalker client installed", you can now configure and enable the client with the server info.

To configure the client, you will need to find "Stalker Client" in the same "Add-ons" menu where you installed the client. It may be either in the "Enabled Add-ons" or "Disabled Add-ons" under "PVR clients". Select the client and modify the MAC address to "00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx", where the x's are numbers between 0-9 or A-F, without the quotation marks, and the Server Adddress to http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv.

For now the rocket service is not up, but the nfps service is open for free testing.

To start the Client, go to the System>Settings and select Live TV, and General, click on Enabled. You may have to reenable the PVR client if asked, or exit Kodi and restart, and it should pick up channels.

martys
04-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Dar I tried this and it says setup failed will this work on my Gbox m2 Thanks martys