PDA

View Full Version : Georges St-Pierre responds to Dana White saying ..

jetta
04-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Georges St-Pierre 'thinking about' UFC return, but new PED policies are 'nice words' with nothing done

Georges St-Pierre responds to Dana White saying he 'doesn't want to fight,' and takes a bit of a jab at the UFC's new drug testing policies.

Dana White recently said that Georges St-Pierre "doesn't want to fight" and doubts that he still has the hunger to make a comeback with the UFC. The long time dominant champion has responded to these statements as spoke with the Winnipeg Sun (HT: David St. Martin):

"He says he’s sure I won’t come back, that’s his opinion. I train, I keep myself in shape. I have marks on my body because my body bruises easily and I’m training hard."

"It doesn’t mean I’m coming back, but it doesn’t mean I’m not coming back," he added. "I’m thinking about it."

“What would give me the most pleasure is to see Rory take the title,” he said. “I feel like I would have accomplished something new. My duty is to help him up. Right now, I am where I am, and if it had to end, I ended at the top. I ever want to go back, I’d snap my fingers and it wouldn’t be too hard to get back in fighting form.”​

GSP has always stated that he wouldn't come back unless the sport is cleaned up. While he applauded the UFC during their recent announcement of more stringent drug testing, it seems like he is still unconvinced of the actual changes in the sport:

"So far, there’s been some nice words, but nothing’s been done. As long as they do nothing, I for sure won’t come back."

The former welterweight champ will be turning 34 next month, and hasn't competed since November 2013.