PDA

View Full Version : MXQ streamer appears bricked

phoneix
06-23-2016, 02:31 PM
can tvaddons send malicious codes via kodi and brick a box? bricked might not be the word but i wonder... cuz this day we turn it on and the message on the screen was..

the unit has a critical "blah blah" and has to shut down ..words to that effect and you click on "confirm" -

..but i had to hard boot it and now is stuck on the splash screen

MBOX
Make your life colorful

happened over night...it DOES read USB stick when powering up (unplug replug only) but wont clear what ever file is causing the hang up///after numerous boots

in the past this error was fixed by a hard boot..happened 3 or so times , been streaming with it for 5 months or so now...and there is NO h/w (pin hole in the box) to reset to factory..so im SOL

just want to know if im alone or not before i buy another...thanks

edit; by the by, i luv my kodi..so not pointing fingers but sure is weird and baffling my mind...only other thing i can think of is, few weeks back we installed an app and have been using a lot and HAVE TO register to get their free basics (out of BC area we live in Ontario) and THEY are the culprit??

signed up twice (since my fist trial will run out in few days) we connected to their server with new registration for a day or so and couple days later BAM,,,you know how it goes, we (freetvers) will try anything to circumvent.. ;) and so, we signed up with another email domain BUT using the same router info (of course) but maybe just maybe they caught on and did something with the stream and sent us a corrupt file and effed my s/w?? box was running perfect otherwise ..was loaded with very few apps

just a thought, i know its a stretch but its weird...its okay for a cheepie streamer but would have liked a couple yrs out of it, at least

they are, Cypher TV 2 ...just a thought in case this has happened to anyone else and something else was the cause

Marley
06-24-2016, 04:01 AM
heck you could have clone box they die at any point of time and dont think tvaddons send malicious codes via kodi but your usb stick could of had a virus do a scan on stick

phoneix
06-24-2016, 12:26 PM
heck you could have clone box they die at any point of time and dont think tvaddons send malicious codes via kodi but your usb stick could of had a virus do a scan on stick

thanks - usb stick was not inserted during the breakdown.. only inserted (after few hardboots) to see if it would read it..but yeah , thought of the clone angle but didnt want to admit that could be . .. never owned a clone in my many yrs in the hobby, god forbid..guess theres always a FIRST TIME ay...arrgghhh.. :)