PDA

View Full Version : KODI and Stalker Client for IOS

Northeastern
04-01-2015, 02:05 PM
First let me comment and show appreciation for the work already done with respect to IPTV. It seems to work REALLY well and I'm quite pleased and surprised with how things look thus far. Thank you!!

Not complaining at all... however feel that this is a worthy discussion to have being that I'm sure several folks would like to get this working on their IOS devices.

Being that KODI can be installed on IOS devices that are Jailbroken and addons like Fusion work very well... I'm wondering why there is not a Live TV option to integrate with Rocket/NFPS private servers.
Why is there no Stalker Client compiled for the IOS structure?

Is this something that is either being worked on, has been worked out already, or has an alternative if not already done?

I've scoured the net, this forum and others on what options are available for IOS devices running KODI and have come up empty on Live TV options and private server integration. There are several other PVR addons available for KODI, however none of them seem to work with the private server address provided. I'm wondering if it is a compatibility issue (client/server, port assignments...etc...???)

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

dara
04-01-2015, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on a Stalker client (Kodi or emu) being rolled out for native IOS. Who knows, but someone who knows how to do it may come forward. If you really want to get this going as a test, I'd try to find an Android emulator that would work on IOS to test and see if the service will work for you. There's no guarantee that the service will work on emulated solutions after it goes 'pay', I suspect that the server people are testing authentication on the recommended boxes, but nothing has been heard about that.

Northeastern
04-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the response. I expect there is someone out there that can compile the addon for IOS, they likely just haven't had substantial call for it, which is also surprising. Addons like FUSION and ISTREAM work just fine in KODI, on IOS, and stream both movies and Live TV (about a minute or less delay on live tv BTW). Just not a wide selection of content like I would expect from IPTV/Rocket.

As for the EMU concept....Well.... I think its thick enough with a soft STB running an addon, having an EMU on IOS to run Andriod I assume would just run like poop. So, I'll pass on that one. but thanks for the suggestion. :)

On the authentication piece... preparing for 'pay'... I agree that they must be looking to work something out on that one being there is no username/password currently on the testing server or the addon for KODI. I would assume that the developer of the Stalker Addon would have to recode for authentication, or it would simply get EOL.... Maybe we get lucky and they compile it off for most leading platforms like; IOS, Android, MAC OSX, Linux and Windows. That would just be utopia!!

In the meanwhile, it really is great to have something new to play with and that actually works well. I have to admit that I'm surprised in the performance and quality of the content, not to mention how easy it is to set up.

Good stuff!!