PDA

View Full Version : EPG on FireTV/Kodi/Stalker

shiznay
03-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Hey Guys,
Firstly, thanks to all the guys putting the effort in here, I've been messing with IPTV streams for a few years now ever since a local provider when I used to live in spain launched an OTT system providing UK channels to expats (which I managed to hack, lol)

Anyways, I have a firetv and love the box, and it seems like I'm a step closer towards a truly unified system with 1 remote that the wife can use and eventually allow me to cut the cord! :D

AS of right now, I have kodi up and running on my AFTV with the stalker addon, and I'm satisified enough right now that its working.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any guides that will work to be able to get a 3rd party solution up and running for EPG ?
I have also wondered that if i did get something running, would it get ruined all the time by the constant channel changes/updates?

Cheers

techguy
03-31-2015, 02:32 PM
From what I know, this is still beta, so it would really be pointless to have a guide until it is finalized.

date
03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
EPG has not been implemented yet with the NFPS iptv.

shiznay
04-01-2015, 02:22 AM
Yeah I know it hast been implemented on the server. I'm asking for opinions or knowledge on 3rd party epg plugins..

Asskick
04-01-2015, 02:26 AM
The best way to go would be xmltv.. for each channel you would have to lookup for sources (ie ScheduleDirect etc). Theres another program that could help you organize your EPG data and consolidate it on a single xml file, I use it for my SageTV PVR for some channels, heres a link for it (its ask for a donation for usage of some features thou)
Staff edit: live link removed.

date
04-01-2015, 03:10 AM
Why pay for a third party since a little bit latter with the iptv service it will be available.
JMO.

shiznay
04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Because who knows when EPG will be available, and because, wife.

fireman
04-02-2015, 01:54 AM
Higher headquarters ( wife )

date
04-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Because who knows when EPG will be available, and because, wife.

Higher headquarters ( wife )

You guys absolutely have a very solid technical and convincing point.

shiznay
04-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Although the other day she asks me when all this will be ready...
Of course I reply, "well it's not quite there yet, Darling. I need to suss out something for the EPG and get the buttons on the home screen for you"
"Whats EPG"
"Nothing My love, dont worry"

crazed 9.6
04-03-2015, 03:38 AM
xmltv was mentioned here.
A fellow member recently posted a 'how to' on the subject
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1989-EPG-and-NFPS