PDA

View Full Version : Psycon - couple questions (epg_xmltv.xml)

ljhookem14
06-10-2016, 01:48 AM
As you know, I'm not new to this but I have my UK channels go out daily at 730pm every single day so around 10pm, I'm able to delete the epg11.db and then I get those channels back.

My question is where should my epg_xmltv.xml file be at if I'm running the built in PVR.Stalker? My path on your updater says special://temp

Funny as I was looking around in ES File Explorer and I found the epg_xmltv.xml in the .../addon_data/pvr.stalker.nfps folder but I'm not using that client.

When I go look in both temp folders there is never anything in those folders...certainly not the epg_xmltv.xml file.

ljhookem14
06-10-2016, 02:00 AM
Changed my path to special://temp/epg.xmltv.xml

Now I see in the temp folder this file:

epg_xmltv.xmlepg_xmltv.xml

Deleted epg11.db to get thing to populate again and it's still showing the UK channel data running out at 7-8pm (CST in the USA) which is (1-2am in London).

tuxen
06-11-2016, 02:54 PM
EDIT EDIT: forget it.. until I am certain about a few things.

tuxen
06-11-2016, 04:01 PM
the file didn't seem to upload yesterday the epg_xmltv.xml is from the 09/06 - or 06/09 in US date format.
that is why there is no data for UK channels ATM. I dont know why the UK channels always seem to miss a day compared to the US channels, perhaps there is a good reason for this. but you should not miss them every night if the upload runs as normal. although I have experienced this and reloading the same file or waiting a couple of hours (still with the same file) brought them back, which is really odd. I cant test that before a new file uploads, and if it happens again and that is what you are experiencing too.

psycon
06-11-2016, 05:39 PM
thnks tux. rereunning the grab now

ljhookem14
06-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I've seen many others that have experienced this issue as well. I've seen posts buried in other threads about this issue.

Right now, I've got no data at all for UK and can't get it to load like I used to get after deleting the database file.

tuxen
06-11-2016, 10:33 PM
thnks tux. rereunning the grab now
i'm the one thanking psycon. :)

@lj: i will look into the issue where the UK data disappearing around midnight (over here) when i know data is in the file, as you also mention rereading the same file (deleting epg.db, same thing) fixes it instantly. or as i said waiting a few hours usually at early morning they are back. i know this sound crazy since it probably do not happen in US timezones. but i have also been experiencing it for a fact. i have a feeling what could be done from kodi and how to monitor it.

as said you do not have to reread the file again if you wait but that's up to you for now. also i checked and you can fetch the file again now. if i find a solution i will post a thread for us overseas. it might take a while though.

ljhookem14
06-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Thanks to you both for looking into the matter

ljhookem14
06-28-2016, 03:32 PM
i'm the one thanking psycon. :)

@lj: i will look into the issue where the UK data disappearing around midnight (over here) when i know data is in the file, as you also mention rereading the same file (deleting epg.db, same thing) fixes it instantly. or as i said waiting a few hours usually at early morning they are back. i know this sound crazy since it probably do not happen in US timezones. but i have also been experiencing it for a fact. i have a feeling what could be done from kodi and how to monitor it.

as said you do not have to reread the file again if you wait but that's up to you for now. also i checked and you can fetch the file again now. if i find a solution i will post a thread for us overseas. it might take a while though.

tuxen, any luck with this?