PDA

View Full Version : compare Avov TV online plus and new TVonline 4

dtvbandit
06-09-2016, 03:26 PM
After reading all the reviews I'm not convinced the new TVonline 4 is worth the extra money. I'd like to know someone thoughts in comparison to the TV online plus.

CjWithDATech
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Not really sure it has a difference now... Unless you like to have the notion that you have a box that can load things 1 sec faster. Avov hasn't differentiated this box in terms of functionality, at-least currently from their lineup.

Marley
06-09-2016, 04:11 PM
wow think it time you read the box for kodi is much faster and the picture on it is way better just for that i would buy it now if you dont want that i hear you but for me better picture and faster heck yea but really up to you i use this box all time now less freeze on tvonline really have not gotten any and that truth and 1080p plays so smooth that what i get out of this box so yea is it worth it to me heck yea and the many i said many buying it just wait till nova is done too i wish it was now

dara
06-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Specs, available storage and OS are upgrades from the Online+. It also has optical audio out, and a power switch. Its also 4k capable, but you do need really fast interent and providers. Eventually the older models get phased out, that's the way things are with boxes.

wickedjoker
06-09-2016, 04:35 PM
I have both boxes I will say the benefits of going to tvonline 4 is this

Speed -
Faster boot
Faster Navigation
Faster in the TV Online App

Resolution you can go to 4k this is great if you have a 4k tv and want to watch 4 content.

This is the biggy for me Bluetooth I added a Bluetooth headset just a little cheap I home paird and it works great. I also added a Bluetooth remote its nice not dealing with dongles anymore.

Then there is the double hard disk space. I find my self often emptying the thumbnails from Kodi to keep enough room on the Tvonline+ box. With the Tvonline 4 it has plent of room now so I am not worried about that stuff anymore.

The power adapter change is nice but honestly I am not sure it accomplished much other than the plug looks cool and if you have a lot of device your know which one that goes to.

last OS going from kitkat to lollipop is great we should see more stability with this.

dara
06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
The power adapter change is nice but honestly I am not sure it accomplished much other than the plug looks cool and if you have a lot of device your know which on that goes to.

It's a slight negative for me. Many of my boxes I can use the same power adapter and plug, except the Online 4. You can use the USB port to power the box (as you can with the Online +), but you would need the right cable (Male 'A' to Male 'A').

dtvbandit
06-10-2016, 06:36 PM
I have a VIXO 2 also, and how would it compare? I have to buy another box as we need two.

Deadwood
06-10-2016, 07:41 PM
At the risk of being banned, it has Lollipop 5.1 which is a newer, faster android operating system and the Bluetooth 4.0 makes for a nice difference as well.

Deadwood
06-10-2016, 07:47 PM
I have a VIXO 2 also, and how would it compare? I have to buy another box as we need two.

Its tough to compare as I found the AVOV Vixo2 runs on android 4.2.2 operating system and it doesn't have Bluetooth but it has other differences as well. If you consider it has a higher price tag but it also comes with a console and additional HDMI ports and I can't remember but I think it has the micro SD slot as well. Can't remember if the TVonline4 box does or not. Anyhow, the online4 box does have a newer, faster operating system, a slightly better 2.0ghz CPU and those two alone make this box a different box of oranges from the Vixo 2. I found there are also differences with the apps and how Mickeyhop relates to the apps. I'll leave off here as its just too hard to make comparisons based on these two very different boxes.

dtvbandit
06-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Thank you to everyone who replied to my question. I'm leaning towards picking up one of these boxes at the summers end before TV season starts again.

Much appreciation to all.