PDA

View Full Version : Lock MAC with Dreamlink T1

Spuggy68
06-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Hey Everyone... rather new to this, I was using a STB Emulator on multiple Android boxes with supplied MAC address from IPTV supplier. Then DreamLink T1 was shown to me, so I purchased and was told my current MAC would need to be changed to the DreamLink MAC. When the DreamLink was not in use, I could unplug and continue using my other Android Boxes as normal with STB Emulator now to be configured using the MAC from the Dreamlink. It did not work, it appears that the IPTV service will only allow the Dreamlink now, has anyone else been able to still use their other Emulators / Kodi?

Hope this makes sense...

Cheers
Spuggy!

Capt.Kangaroo
06-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Hey Everyone... rather new to this, I was using a STB Emulator on multiple Android boxes with supplied MAC address from IPTV supplier. Then DreamLink T1 was shown to me, so I purchased and was told my current MAC would need to be changed to the DreamLink MAC. When the DreamLink was not in use, I could unplug and continue using my other Android Boxes as normal with STB Emulator now to be configured using the MAC from the Dreamlink. It did not work, it appears that the IPTV service will only allow the Dreamlink now, has anyone else been able to still use their other Emulators / Kodi?

Hope this makes sense...

Cheers
Spuggy!
when you switch boxes, youll have to update to the mac you are using at the time. If Im understanding your question?

https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Spuggy68
06-08-2016, 11:22 PM
So Captain...

I'm not with that service, but before getting DreamLink T1, I was assigned a MAC address. I would use it on any Android box I installed STB Emulator on as long as I only used one. Is there something that changes when you actually use the Dreamlink box that changes that?

eg: MAC 00:11:79:1C:45:80 (Not real) were all configured on 3 different Android Boxes using this same MAC (which was given by supplier). I could use any of these boxes as long as none of the other are not using the same STB Emulator.

Get the DreamLink, supplier takes the hardcoded MAC and changes subscription to this MAC address. I unplug Dreamlink when not using, and try to use other boxes now configured using this registered MAC (Emulating it) - does not work.

So are you saying I would have to change the MAC address ever time I stop using DreamLink?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge :)

Spuggy!

Bkman2020
06-08-2016, 11:29 PM
If your not with any of the 3 providers supported on this site we cant help you.

fallenprime
06-09-2016, 02:49 AM
hes not with any of the providers but i had the same question. when i use the mac for the dreamlink on rocket i cant get it to play on the emulator for android even when i use the same mac the dreamlink is using. my work around has been to change my my mac to the made up one i used before i even bought a dreamlink t1.