PDA

View Full Version : box has new update

Marley
06-04-2016, 09:15 PM
just got home and there is a new ota update

mbry
06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Was your box running well after update? Some said there were problems after install. Haven't done mine yet.

Marley
06-04-2016, 09:30 PM
cant tell you just got home turned box on let it update thats it sitting here on my computer my avov 4 box is down stairs on my 4k tv i sent them message what is this update for

mbry
06-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Keep use posted on how the update went after installed.

Marley
06-04-2016, 09:58 PM
im fine had me at 1080p at 50hz changed it to 60 hz what i see now they have all the hz to change too

mbry
06-04-2016, 10:51 PM
im fine had me at 1080p at 50hz changed it to 60 hz what i see now they have all the hz to change too

Hmmmm. Everthing good or is it hanging up a little like theone mentioned.

handyman59
06-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Mines working well after OTA update still playing around with it

mixterz
06-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Mine updated too. No log to say what it exactly did. So can't help.

mbry
06-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I updated mine this morning. Check out the market apps, quite a few more added after update.

Kimbo
06-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Nice update, working well here!!

Deadwood
06-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Nice update, working well here!!

Given the timing of this box and its release date, one has to wonder why a firmware update would be needed within a week ? Glad to hear its working well but then I assumed it already was ? Perhaps AVOV needs to kick the tires before they release the next model ?

Marley
06-05-2016, 04:37 PM
thats any box has updates never seen one that dont now if we were talking about windows we would have 50 by now and my box updates everyday on kodi and yea firmware updates within a week is not new too mine updated the day i got it to 1.0.3

Deadwood
06-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Not to get into it with regards to updates but Windows updates are related to security and driver updates and the firmware or platform updates are very few and only on a very occasional basis. As for firmware updates on Android, router, modems and other hardware are also rather few and far apart. The Asus RT AC 5300 has just come out with its first firmware update and its been out for the better part of a year now so I am a bit perplexed as to the timing with respect to this new AVOV TVonline4 box which I was one of the first to order but haven't received as yet but a firmware update is already here before I get it ? Something is amiss with the timing and I'm not referring to the frequency.

Marley
06-05-2016, 05:01 PM
it has two update already nothing new im happy if there is something wrong they will fix it ota update is nothing new now but i do wish if you dont like update you can go back to one you had which you cant do

mbry
06-05-2016, 05:08 PM
it has two update already nothing new im happy if there is something wrong they will fix it ota update is nothing new now but i do wish if you dont like update you can go back to one you had which you cant do

I agree no big deal about the updates. Glad the A-team are on it. They seem pretty responsive to me as far as any issues

Deadwood
06-05-2016, 05:28 PM

I have no issues with the updates and I'm also glad they are fixing it but my focus was more on the timing of these updates and the timing of the release of this new box which suggests these updates may have been made before they released the box which is the point I was trying to make but somehow missed.

Marley
06-05-2016, 05:45 PM
look im not going to sugar coat something if this box has problem i want to know so do avov to fix them that why they check here to find out whats happening and please send in a bug report that way things will get fixed is this box perfect hell no have not seen one that is but i can say for me running kodi is very fast and has bad azz picture tvonline is same as before but ppv movies are bomb on it things will change look this is my main tv box i use on my 4k tv and all i can say is im very happy with it sofar really no bad hiccups to talk about which i think the box has something to do about when playing movies on kodi they run very smooth and very clean picture please if you do fine problems send in a bug report
http://avovtech.com/report-a-bug/

Marley
06-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Deadwood you maybe right i dont know really cant say on that have no knowledge about why they release at this time or that time

mbry
06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I have no issues with the updates and I'm also glad they are fixing it but my focus was more on the timing of these updates and the timing of the release of this new box which suggests these updates may have been made before they released the box which is the point I was trying to make but somehow missed.

I've worked at Auto and M/C dealerships in the service dept. for 30+ years. Talk about updates/recalls on brand new vehicles..... happens all the time.

MuPenguin
06-05-2016, 10:39 PM
totally agree that day one patches and updates are a norm these days. Look at the the xbox one and Ps4 when they came out...both required significant updates before even being able to play them (just to bring in a tech comparison) lol
keep the tweaks and updates coming boys the more issues you fix sooner the better it is for all of us :) despite any issues i'm having loving this new box!!