PDA

View Full Version : Kodi on FireTV stick / AppleTV 1 - time to renew donation, which server do I use ?

sdruid
06-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Hi,
I've been here about a month now and really enjoying the channels... I'm running Kodi on Fire TV Stick and Apple TV 1st Gen boxes...
I have got donations using IKS66 and the list of channels are really really long for my little TV stick or Apple box to load up all the time on a slow DSL connection....

I've tried both the iptv stalker Pvr and the iptv simple Pvr and the "Simple" seemed to be the one that works better for me especially
with the channel guide....

What's the difference between the "ROCKET" or "NFPS" or "IKS66" servers and the channels that are offered ??
I'm located in the southeastern USA and primarily interested in USA channels and maybe some UK.

Is there anyway to get specific channels instead of the 1000 or so that the IKS66 offers now, not that it's not great for the price but the loading takes quite a while at slow DSL speed ??

It's time for me to renew my donation and I'm wondering whether to get something new or keep the IKS66 that I currently have ??

thanks...

theone
06-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Hi,
I've been here about a month now and really enjoying the channels... I'm running Kodi on Fire TV Stick and Apple TV 1st Gen boxes...
I have got donations using IKS66 and the list of channels are really really long for my little TV stick or Apple box to load up all the time on a slow DSL connection....

I've tried both the iptv stalker Pvr and the iptv simple Pvr and the "Simple" seemed to be the one that works better for me especially
with the channel guide....

What's the difference between the "ROCKET" or "NFPS" or "IKS66" servers and the channels that are offered ??
I'm located in the southeastern USA and primarily interested in USA channels and maybe some UK.

Is there anyway to get specific channels instead of the 1000 or so that the IKS66 offers now, not that it's not great for the price but the loading takes quite a while at slow DSL speed ??

It's time for me to renew my donation and I'm wondering whether to get something new or keep the IKS66 that I currently have ??

thanks...

There is a addon for kodi that's called TurkTV that has a lot of UK content also filmon has a few. Kodi would be your best bet but Rocket has a mix of US and UK like CBS action, really, reality and so on.

sdruid
06-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Ok, so what will run best on my Kodi on Firetv stick or Appletv 1st gen ?

I see a lot of channel talk on NFPS, so it that one better ?

it's time to renew and I'm trying to figure out what to get and what to do ?

thanks..

theone
06-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Rocket is the one I recommend. I don't have either boxes so I don't know how they would work on them but I like using TurkTV addon for UK, its one of the best

sdruid
06-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Rocket is the one I recommend. I don't have either boxes so I don't know how they would work on them but I like using TurkTV addon for UK, its one of the best

ok, but IKS66 is the only one offering "monthly service" ..correct ??

thanks...

theone
06-02-2016, 10:59 PM
ok, but IKS66 is the only one offering "monthly service" ..correct ??

thanks...

Yes. you can use 66 as well, its still good.