PDA

View Full Version : How can I avoid buying a T6 Clone ? :(

montell
06-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I really want to get a T6, but scared of the clones :(
Any chance of avoiding that? I e-mailed patriotelectronicsfta and they swear their T6 is 100% real and made in Korea....Can I trust that?
Also, I keep hearing T6 is going to give me hard time, cause I am using Sonicview 8000 HD and it's a smooth receiver...but its getting old and wanna upgrade.
I want to get T6 cause of IKS/IPTV capability :)
Please enlighten me and I am very grateful for this superb forum :)
Kudos to you all.

Montell

Kimbo
06-02-2016, 05:15 PM
I bought from patriot before many times with no issues, also you can email Dreamlink with device ID and they can verify. If you but thru fleabay they have a 30 day money back if the device is not has described. Also is always best to buy thru the manufacturer!!

montell
06-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Thanks Laser.

What is the official Dreamlink website ? Can I directly buy from Dreamlink in Korea or their reputable seller in North America?
Because if we all can directly buy from Dreamlink Site, why don't we?

Kimbo
06-02-2016, 07:06 PM
google it and it will show

NBS
06-02-2016, 08:04 PM
google it and it will show

there is no official dreamlink site

Kimbo
06-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Thank you NBS I meant Dreamlink T1 store, which is online
there is no official dreamlink site

NBS
06-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Thank you NBS I meant Dreamlink T1 store, which is online

that is a dealer owned site

montell
06-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys.

I really wish Dreamlink sold T6 and that would have prevented these clones :(((
Is T6 a headache compared to Sonicview 8000 HD?

crazed 9.6
06-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Patroit said it was 100% genuine Dreamlink T6
They will stand by their word, you can trust that.

T6 is easy to setup, but will be a whole lot different then what you will be expecting (compared to that SonicView)

satviewing
09-20-2016, 11:57 AM
I know in past many clones were made for different boxes and they all worked as long as right bin file was loaded. So if I get cloned box and put bin file will it turn into a brick? I just ordered one without doing homework :(

NBS
09-20-2016, 02:40 PM
I know in past many clones were made for different boxes and they all worked as long as right bin file was loaded. So if I get cloned box and put bin file will it turn into a brick? I just ordered one without doing homework :(

Yes it will get bricked

Brownsuga
09-26-2016, 08:47 PM
I picked one up from a GTA dealer who also guarantee its genuine and if not, you can file for a refund through paypal. So far I have not had any issues with them yet.

And yes, it is a bit of a pain compared to the iks receivers of the past. The one thing that keeps me from getting more T6 is why DL didn't put the same interface from the T1 in as the iptv portion of the program and instead we have to use emulators.

Brownsuga
09-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Another difference between the clones and the genuine receivers is the file recognition. When I got my receiver, I put the genuine files and the clone files on the same drive and try to update the receiver. My receiver did not recognize the clone files on the drive. It only recognized the bin files not the by2 file the clones use. I was able to update and reset the files up to the 363 with no issues. I hope that helps too.