PDA

View Full Version : Fix for url time out errno

zdcyclops
06-01-2016, 10:51 PM
For the past 4 weeks my setup has failed to play the english language channels. I re-installed Kodi, used just the 2 addons for the Papio servers, changed settings and drank many, many sacrificial beers to placate the Internet Gods.
None of these worked. Today I signed up to a vpn I tried a UK server and STILL got the time out error. Then I switched to an Albanian and all my channels are back. Tonight I will sacrifice a pint of Jim Beam and two or three Indica buds will be burned to please the great gods HTML and HTTP.

Marley
06-02-2016, 12:05 AM
lol good for you bro wish i could help you with that

zdcyclops
06-02-2016, 03:00 AM
I spoke to soon a few of the channels that didn't play before now will. From ITV down to Challenge the channels play well. After that it's back to 10060 error. If the people no the papio servers can't fix this who can? If using a vpn doesn't work what will? We need a guru, a maharishi, a whiz kid, someone that really knows what's going on. Until one comes along we're just pissing into the wind. But I'm still gonna sacrifice those buds... ya never can tell.

Marley
06-02-2016, 03:34 AM
question is this on the url starting with 22

nortel
06-02-2016, 01:07 PM
might need to throw back a few drinks of wild turkey too.Like you say never can tell.

kens
06-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Try this, System Settings/TV/Playback - "Timeout when starting playback" Increase the timeout setting
Put kodi in debug mode and restart. when you get the error shutdown kodi and go through the kodi.log file in the userdata directory.
Close to the bottom of file you will see ERROR: 10060 or similar. Just before that line you will find the instruction to connect to somewhere and this is what is causing the timeout error.
Assure your firewall settings are not impeding data to this IP address, and check your Router for the same roadblocks.
/kens

zdcyclops
06-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Hey all I am connecting to iks66 server 1. I had given up on this service and have been shopping and again it seems that the Voice in the Wire is singing my song. I was attempting to buy a sub from some european outfit and tried for a week to get the payment to go through so I canceled the account . Today all the channels load, very little buffering, I made no changes.... Who knows

PS. Good things come to those who wait.

admin7
06-26-2016, 04:06 AM
I was messing around with the settings tonight and trying to load the ninja guide with no success and before I did that everything was working great and now I am getting the same error urlopen errno 10060. I have rechecked all my settings cleared the cache and did a reset on the check donation site and it was successful. I use Comcast and have never had a problem with blocking or anything any help is appreciated.

oh! kens, I checked my userdata directory and all it has is the RSS Feed log.
so I opened it with notepad and nothing about the error.

admin7
06-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Any suggestions on this error urlopen errno 10060 ? only 9 days to renew donation please help. I shouldn't have messed with anything crap! everything was working great just was trying to setup the ninja guide :confused:

thanks!

mefta
07-06-2016, 08:58 PM
For what it's worth..Last month I ran into the same problem urlopen error timed out and after reading and reading it was suggested I try a VPN service.. I did and to my anger I tried several different countries to try and connect to stalker, but I could never get it to connect, after all that. 3 days later all my Kodi's were connecting with no problem, this last happened when IKS was hit with a bad ECM just like right now IKS has been down for over 3 days now and guess what url error is back!! I wish someone on this site or others would come clean on why this is happening. If your ISP provider has blocked you why would they unblock you when IKS is back up ?? Makes no sense to me ..

mailman
07-09-2016, 05:03 PM
LoL to the last reply, it's not are ISP's for all cases, cause i'm also getting this url error in IPTV stalker plus, but it's intermittent. With my knowledge in programming and networking i'm gonna have to say that i'm 95% sure it's on the iks66 server itself, they may want to start setting up alternative portals like nfps has done to break up the client loads (i'm guessing iks66's ISP is having problems or they just need to reset their routers), i have 65mbps internet and can usually stream without any buffering or stuttering at default kodi settings. So ya that's my two cents (they blame us but 100% it's not on my end, today channels have been giving me the url error but if i keep trying the channel eventually comes through, also when the channel does come through it takes like 20 seconds, when normally it was connecting instantly for every channel i tried).

Edit: okay maybe i'll take some of that blame back, one thing everyone getting this url error might want to check is what other devices are using internet on your connection, best way to test if it's you or the server, is turn off your wifi and directly connect only the device that will be using the iptv service (turns out downloading torrents at the same time while trying to load channels can cause this problem) sorry about that iks66 ppl, seems like all is good on your end for now, I'll keep both my eyes on it for a bit and report back hopefully tomorrow :rolleyes: