PDA

View Full Version : (Reside in USA) - Will a VPN using UK server effect my EPG and Stalker?

ljhookem14
06-01-2016, 06:41 PM
1) I live in USA and was wondering if using a VPN would effect downloading the EPG?

2) Also, will papiao eventually cancel my MAC for IPTV Stalker if I'm using the VPN? I guess will it seem like another device or IP address is using the MAC and terminate it?

dara
06-01-2016, 07:00 PM
1) I live in USA and was wondering if using a VPN would effect downloading the EPG?

2) Also, will papiao eventually cancel my MAC for IPTV Stalker if I'm using the VPN? I guess will it seem like another device or IP address is using the MAC and terminate it?

The EPG won't be affected. What the server techs look for are multiple simultaneous connections on different IP addresses to indicate that the donation is being shared. They can also see if there are multiple connect requests coming from the same IP address, where it looks like you are watching more than one channel at once, but that's something that's hard to do. I wouldn't blame a VPN connection if you get banned.

ljhookem14
06-01-2016, 11:21 PM
I just started using VPN yesterday so I could use the ITV and BBC players but my Stalker wouldn't work. When I turned the VPN off, Stalker worked fine.

I don't even know what to say about watching more than one channel at once. That's nuts.

What I was doing was while/after Stalker and EPG downloaded, I turned the VPN on. I wonder if I had turned it on first, then started up KODI....maybe then it would work but I don't want anything happening to my MAC....so not sure what I will do.

I think maybe I will just uncheck the box for enable live tv before I turn on my VPN.

expatter
06-04-2016, 12:54 AM
I just started using VPN yesterday so I could use the ITV and BBC players but my Stalker wouldn't work. When I turned the VPN off, Stalker worked fine.

I don't even know what to say about watching more than one channel at once. That's nuts.

What I was doing was while/after Stalker and EPG downloaded, I turned the VPN on. I wonder if I had turned it on first, then started up KODI....maybe then it would work but I don't want anything happening to my MAC....so not sure what I will do.

I think maybe I will just uncheck the box for enable live tv before I turn on my VPN.

I have been using the Datho VPN addon for Kodi off and on for 2 years and never had any problems with NFPS. With that particular VPN, I haven't noticed any degradation of streams or any lag times at all. Some other VPNs that I tried did make the streams stutter. I also have the desktop client for Datho if I wish to use the catch up sites from a browser, but there are also Kodi addons for most of the catch up apps (except all4).

If you are concerned about potential server issues on the NFPS side, you can always keep the live tv deselected until after you have enabled your VPN. Shouldn't be an issue, or rather, I haven't had any problems with it.

Pudding
06-10-2016, 11:51 PM
I live in europe but I'm connected to my US east coast VPN most of the time. But i also watch on my phone on the go sometimes. Still no issues here so i doubt you'll run into any trouble. Plus I'm sure you need to have the active connection on the donation closed before you can use it somewhere else.