PDA

View Full Version : MXQ Leelbox 4.4 S805 very slow using STB Emulator

Zeroftw87
05-31-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi,

I recently started reading up on the iptv scene and wanted to get a cheap device to start with. I picked up the above mxq, with the intent to use with an stb emulator. However when I set my donation account up, all channels stutter severely, and the menus are very slow. I know for a fact my connection is 25mbps, with an advertised rate of 30mbps. I have this same emulator running on my phone with zero problems.

Is this slowdown because of the device? I read in reviews despite having 1gb of RAM the mxq shouldn't have any problems playing this content. Did I read wrong? Just to note, whenever I start the system up it reports about 50-60% of its memory is being used.

I would ideally want something like mag running as this device would be used by at least one person entirely unacquainted with technology. The guides are simple and straightforward, with no extra steps to access and bring up the guide menu. I know something like epgninja simple pvr for kodi would be similar, but I want the interface to be as close to an stb as possible.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I have bought a different device?

Deadwood
05-31-2016, 06:24 AM
Going by what limited experience I have had with android boxes, I found the newer the android OS, the faster and smoother the android box runs. Example I have had Kitkat and it runs slower than lollipop which runs slower than Shampoo 6.0 but I have no doubt the Nvidia Shield Tv with Shampoo 6.02 runs the fastest and the smoothest of all the android OS versions. It also helps to have a CPU at 2ghz or higher as well as faster and better memory. Of course, internet speed can never be too fast and a high end graphics engine makes for better viewing as well.

Bkman2020
05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
There mostly made for kodi

Zeroftw87
06-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Thank you both for the replies! Apparently it was the player that was giving issues. The media player was set up auto. I changed this to ijkplayer and now don't have any issues. The MXQ menus are still a bit laggy, but very manageable.

I feel like an idiot, I'll try to suss out all options next time. Thanks again for the help!