PDA

View Full Version : IPTV Stalker on Linux PC Running Kodi

tim348
05-31-2016, 03:36 AM
Will IPTV Stalker work on a linux OS running Kodi?
I am trying to set it up but i seem to keep having errors with MAC Address

Do I need to use 3 Different MAC Addresses? There are 3 Portal sections in the setup
that are asking for logiin, mac etc

I am using the Asus Chromebox with Xubuntu for the OS which works great for Kodi so far.

I am not familiar at all with IPTV and this is my first attempt to set it up, very confused at the moment.
Thanks for your feedback.

couch potato
05-31-2016, 05:48 AM
>>> Will IPTV Stalker work on a linux OS running Kodi?

yep! most video addons for Kodi were written in Python,
hence they're able to run on cross-platform devices incl *nix based (linux, bsd, osx, android, etc)

>>> Do I need to use 3 Different MAC Addresses? There are 3 Portal sections in the setup

nope! you only have to perform the setting on a portal-tab you prefer (e.g."Portal-1")
and set all servers on the other ones as "NONE"

http://s33.postimg.org/7jmmpk7cv/Screen_Shot_2016_05_31_at_12_32_06_PM.png

And if you're familiar with the web-based app (the "localhost" blah-blah-blah)
you can also run the stalker video addon as a server in order to provide all streaming data (both IPTV & EPG) for any IPTV-clients
(e.g. Kodi's built-in pvr simple, vlc, or mx-player)

See, I'm not so evil, huh? lol :D

tim348
06-03-2016, 11:42 PM
I was able to bring up the menu where it first opens iptv stalker,
but it wont work from there.
it keeps saying mac 2 and mac 3 invalid even though I have them set to "none". It also said the password for mac 2 + 3 is invalid even though i did not enter one.

it says nothing abut mac 1 being invalid
Im new to all this, this is my 1s time setting up IPTV

Tack
06-03-2016, 11:52 PM
Tim, I'd guess that you don't have the active portal set. On the first settings tab, the one labeled "General", make sure it's set to "1".

I run stalker client 1.0.9 & the ninja EPG updater on Gentoo linux without issue.

tim348
06-04-2016, 01:38 AM
where is the settings tab? on the iptv stalker add on or in kodi? dont see that option anywhere.

couch potato
06-04-2016, 03:03 AM
@tim348

press "DEFAULTS" button
then re-enter your acc data on your preferred active portal-tab
and set "NONE" to the other portal's servers

couch potato
06-04-2016, 06:09 AM
I made a new patch for the original dara's build (v10.2.4-r2)
which includes an autodection script for any account configs if the portal server is set to "NONE"

so there won't be mac/login/password invalid errors for any "NONE" portals anymore

http://www.mediafire.com/download/199tigm9x9b56z1/plugin.video.stalker-10.2.4-r3.zip

P.S. please let me knowif you find any bug(s)

tim348
06-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Thanks couch that first suggestion seemed to work just fine, no more mac 2 an 3 invalid mac or invalid pass popups.

Now EPG is the channel guide basically right? I installed that but how do I get it to open the channel guide? I have the epg ninja
but i dont see any info about it anywhere after I installed it.

I seem to have gotten the channels to load on the IPTV Add-on , but seems like some of the channels are not working.

4ktvfan
08-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Different path on this same thread:
Using Debian Jessie, their sources don't even have Stalker available for download. Where can I get this for a desktop PC so I can use the same account (at different times, of course,) as the RPi Kodi uses? Also mnew to this stuff.

ilan
08-18-2016, 12:53 AM
Install Kodi on the PC. You can use Kodi's built-in Stalker client and configure it with the same configuration information that is on the RPi Kodi.

4ktvfan
08-18-2016, 01:19 AM
That's what I'm saying, ilan, there IS no stalker client on the Debian servers. And it is not built-in to the kodi that you download from them.

ilan
08-18-2016, 01:39 AM
Ok, I thought you were talking about using an alternative, Windows-based PC, since you mentioned Windows in your other post.

couch potato
08-18-2016, 02:13 AM
@ 4ktvfan

first: if you're talking about the PVR client, you're in wrong sub :D

second: which client?
the stalker built-in? or the stalker-NFPS?

if it's the stalker built-in,
as I remember, since Isengard, all fork version of KODI (incl.the LINUX one) also include the pvr-stalker's source into the KODI's source
but if I'm wrong,
if you are a native linux user, maybe you're also familiar with recompiling apps
then you have to rebuild the addon by yourself :D

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.stalker

if it's the stalker NFPS,
unfortunately, you have to ask Ken to build the linux version of his addon just for you :D

as alternative, you could also use PVR IPTV Simple Client with stalker addon

4ktvfan
08-18-2016, 05:18 AM
Debian has neither the IPTV simple client nor any version of stalker. So where can I get those? The RPi2 uses both at the same time. (when it works.)

couch potato
08-18-2016, 05:30 AM
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=kodi-pvr-iptvsimple