PDA

View Full Version : Renan Barao reacts to T.J. Dillashaw’s injury: ‘You can run, but you can’t hide’

jetta
03-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Renan Barao reacts to T.J. Dillashaw’s injury: ‘You can run, but you can’t hide’

The rematch between T.J. Dillashaw and Renan Barao was once again cancelled, and the title challenger isn’t happy about it.

Barao, who was set to try to regain the UFC bantamweight championship in the main event of Montreal’s UFC 186 on April 25, ripped the reigning champion through his social media moments after UFC president Dana White announced that Dillashaw had to pull out due to a fractured rib.

The former champion posted the following on Instagram:

"Guys, as you all might know, my opponent T.J. Dillashaw got hurt and we won’t fight on April 25 anymore. It’s a shame because I was preparing myself the best way possible for this fight.

Therefore, I only have one thing to say at this moment: Dillashaw, you can run, but you can’t hide. Your time will come and you will have to do everything you say you’re going to do, without running, or I’ll make you swallow your own words.

I will be waiting."

Dillashaw dethroned Barao with a fifth-round TKO last May. The UFC gave Barao an immediate rematch, but the Nova Uniao fighter passed out while cutting weight for their bout in August. Joe Soto, who was scheduled to compete in the UFC 177 prelims, stepped up and replaced Barao in the main event a day before the fight, but was also finished in the fifth round.

Dillashaw will be sidelined for approximately six weeks. A flyweight championship bout between Demetrious Johnson and Kyoji Horiguchi now headlines the event, with "Rampage" Jackson facing Fabio Maldonado in the co-main event.

Kimbo
03-26-2015, 11:20 PM
Is Barao serious?? hope he loses again!!

jetta
03-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Is Barao serious?? hope he loses again!!

haha yes I hope he does too! .....