PDA

View Full Version : My Review of the Dreamlink T1

psycon
05-19-2016, 04:30 AM
I have only had the please of running this box for a couple hours, then ligtning struck a few doors down and i lost power, good thing is it and all my other hardware survived (seriously buy some good APV power bars peeps, they are life savers)

Anyways as far as installation, it was so very simple.. add your server, username/password (donation).. go to papiao and add the MAC and your done.
I then checked out their limited app store, very easy to use to install and remove apps....

I do on one hand like the simplicity of the client, but its a little too simple for my liking.. channels play very smoothly, best i have seen so far, even in kodi... channel change is snappy as is navigating the Onscreen menu...

The EPG leave a lot to be desired... the OSD channel list jsut shows the channel numbers and part of the name, this should show whats on for sure..
the full EPG is ok i guess, it looks ok, but you do not see whats on each channel until you highlight them, this makes searching for a show a tedious task... this box needs full Grid view EPG if it wants to be a true contender IMHO.

as far as kodi, i installed my build without issues, everything works, everything is quite snappy, im happy.. at half the RAM of the typical M8Splus boxes i get. it so far seems to perform the same, maybe even faster, this surprised me..

The remote is similar to the remote of the Q box... (a larger version of the m8s plus remote).. however the buttons do have a much nicer snap to them.

For now, this box will actually replace my daily driver ( a macbook pro) so i can see how well it keeps up.

kingbolt
05-19-2016, 02:32 PM
Psycon i could not agree with you more i was so surprise the speed and picture clarity this box has. The epg needs a lot of work some channels comes in but i love this box kodie works great on it. this box will replace couple box i have

psycon
05-19-2016, 10:17 PM
although this device only has 1gb of ram.. the startup time is insanely fast compared to other android boxes.. and amount of free ram after everything is loaded suggests they went through and disabled quite a few things, i normally wouldt buy a box with less than 2gb of ram, except this one, i still have 4-500 megs free after kodi is running, guide loaded.. compare this to 70-150 megs free on a m8 1gb model..