PDA

View Full Version : Idiots guide please

crawfy68
05-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Hi guys, I have a minix X8 plus and have a months donation that I am struggling to set up.

Previously I had experimented with tests from other sires, which were simply playlists that I pasted into Lazy IPTV of the IPTV android app, very easy and took seconds.

Now I have looked round the site and read through a lot of posts, but they seem to point to using kodi and the set up is very difficult to get my head round, neither do I have a mac address and the one given from the checker shows all zeros.

Can someone give me a step by step idiots guide to the easiest way of acquiring the service via my box.

many thanks in advance.

Crawfy

crawfy68
05-20-2016, 02:51 AM
31 views and no replies, great.

can anyone tell me how to put in a mac address that doesn't exist, if I use the generator it doesn't work or do I use the 00:00:00:00:00:00 given to me by the provider?

Is it not possible to get a playlist url and paste it into ITPV android app?

Is there anyone out there willing to help a self confessed muppet?

DarkSide
05-20-2016, 02:53 AM
mac needs to start with 00:1a:78: then generate the rest, or use the last 6 of your device

crazed 9.6
05-20-2016, 03:02 AM
31 views and no replies, great.

can anyone tell me how to put in a mac address that doesn't exist, if I use the generator it doesn't work or do I use the 00:00:00:00:00:00 given to me by the provider?

Is there anyone out there willing to help a self confessed muppet?

With a MAC Generator, you would first enter the correct MAC Address Prefix and MAC Address Format.
The Stalker application would use 00:1A:78 as the Prefix
The Format is the colon charactars (:), as apposed to slashes or other.
Enter that and then hit generate a MAC

http://www.miniwebtool.com/mac-address-generator/

You could also just as easy use your device MAC, but exchange its Prefix for prefix 00:1A:78

so as an example,
if your devices MAC is 18:EC:18:A7:7A:A7
Then use the MAC as 00:1A:78:A7:7A:A7

crazed 9.6
05-20-2016, 03:03 AM
mac needs to start with 00:1a:78: then generate the rest, or use the last 6 of your device

:)
Darkside had the short and sweet version

crawfy68
05-20-2016, 05:32 AM
Managed to get it up and running, found mac address on kodi, everything working as it should, although some buffering issues. I am in Oz, but don't think this is an issue as had another service which didn't buffer at all, so thinking its the server.
Anyone else have these issues and have a solution?