PDA

View Full Version : EPG Updater not downloading epg_xmltv.xml file

kroakie1
05-15-2016, 01:45 PM
On a fresh install, the epg file is not being downloaded.
I am using kod16. Pvr stalker built in.
Android tablet.
I have let the updater set Pvr Stalker.
All channels loaded ok, but obviously no guide.
I have searched the device for the file but cannot find it.

Has anyone any ideas what the problem can be?

ilan
05-15-2016, 02:10 PM
To check if the file is there, you will have to enable the browsing of hidden files and folders. Do that by going to System > Settings > Appearance > Files Lists > Show hidden files and directories

If you updater indicates that it is downloading to special://temp,

you can use the File Manager to browse to that location (below) to see if the epg_xmltv.xml file is there. There will be loads of files in the temp directory, so keep your eye out. Most likely the epg file will be near the bottom of the list of files.

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

At the moment, there are issues with the epg, so even if it is there, it might not show up in your client.

kroakie1
05-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks for reply, but I have done this, but the file does not exist.
This is the problem....as far as I can tell the file is not being downloaded. So is this my setup or an updater problem??

ilan
05-15-2016, 03:13 PM
It is possible that your IP address is on a blacklist and the epg server will not allow you to download the epg. If you could try it on a neighbor's wifi or use a VPN, we'd know the answer to that possibility.

kroakie1
05-15-2016, 03:37 PM
Yes I thought of this, but using a vpn its srill the same.
At a complete loss.
I have spent many hours reading the forum posts and trying everything

ilan
05-15-2016, 03:50 PM
I can't think of anything off-hand, but I'll give it some more thought. You could always uninstall and reinstall the updater to see if that has any effect. Chances are slim, but it might be worth the effort.

kroakie1
05-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your help.
I have had this problem a while, so I did a clean install, but still the same problem.
I will wait until others are getting the guide ok and then see how it goes.