PDA

View Full Version : EPG Updater

kroakie1
05-09-2016, 07:00 PM
I have a new donation and cannot get the guide to work.
I have checked and rechecked all settings and cant find the problem.
I have aslo tried letting the updater configure pvr stalker, with same result.
If I select xmltv only in stalker, I get unable to load guide error. If I select prefer xmltv, then it loads without error, but guide is blank.

I am using an M8 box, Kodi 16.1. Clean install of Kodi.

All channels work, just no guide.

I have another android box with separate donation, which is working fine. But if I copy all the settings across to the M8 box, I still get a blank guide...

I am at a loss.

Anyone got any ideas??

kroakie1
05-10-2016, 08:20 AM
Any help appreciated��

kroakie1
05-11-2016, 11:11 AM
I have started with a fresh install and still have same problem. Getting message cannot load guide everytime.
All channels loaded and working, just blank epg.
I have searched for the epg_xmltv.xml file on my device but its not to be found.
Have set path in updater to special://temp and in pvr stalker to remote url special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml.
I assume if the file is not being loaded then it can locate it.

I would really appreciate some help with this. I havd spent hours reading the forum posts and am still no closer.

Running kodi16.1 on Android tablet.

wickedjoker
05-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Try this stalker client change xmltv scope to local path than select appdata\roaming\kodi\cache\epg_xmltv.xml if you haven't already don this than goto stalker epg updater and update than clear data

kroakie1
05-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Thanks for your reply. But I can't do this because the file epg_xmltv.xml dies not exist on my android device. So I can't actually point to a non existent file.
This is the problem...The updater is not downloading the .xml file.
I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to resolve this.!!

kroakie1
05-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Still no epg. Completely blank guide.
Anyone actually getting the updater to work on an android/kodi setup??
As far as I can determine the updater is not pulling the epg file.
The file epg_xmltv.xml is not found on any of my setups...M8 box, firestick and Samsung tablet.
ANY help appreciated
Thanks

TravisGT
05-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Within kodi, go to files, enable show hidden files. ... then you'll see the epg_xmltv.xml file. .... but at the moment the guide is actually down being worked on. Hope this helps.