PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load guide after new install

abzlad
05-02-2016, 12:22 PM
So I had to do a fresh install of kodi 16.1

I have a iptv66 donation
Using built in stalker client 1.0.8
Downloaded epg ninja updater 1.0.16

All was working well. Decided to change my MAC address as it had been a while, changed all mac details in stalker client and the epg updater. The stalker client finds the channels but no guide. It worked last night at 3am when I last check it, with guide. I foolishly turned off my box then went to bed.
This morning I get the "unable to load guide message"
In the ninja updater I have my new mac, donation number, portal 1.iptv66.tv and the configure PVR stalker as ticked.

I have tried unticking the configure PVR stalker, cleared tv cache, cleared tv guide. No joy. I tried defaults and re-entered details, no joy

The stalker client is set xmltv guide only,
Cache guide data - ticked
Cache time - 24 hours
Scope - local path
Local path-auto generated
Serial number, device Id, device id2, signature-all auto generated

Is the problem at my end, have I missed something?

I have tried a couple of iptv resets, can't do anymore today. Tried clearing cache in live tv so many times.

Help would be much appreciated

abzlad
05-02-2016, 04:57 PM
OK, so tried one more iptv reset. Big mistake, getting a message never seen before. Can't even load the channels anymore although I did not change the settings. I checked the log and found a:

Attempt to use invalid handle 1 - NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS

http://postimg.org/image/nn3z0lw5t/c7646084/

I am lost and confused. Anyone please?

abzlad
05-02-2016, 04:58 PM
The message when trying to active live tv is- unknown error.

That has done me in

Acf150
05-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Same here can't understand what is going on. Using EPG NINJA UPADTER on Kodi 16.1. Everything was working fine until yesterday. I turned on my box and it gave me an error unable to load guide from client?? I did a Mac reset and IPTV reset still no go. I tried it all, also got the same error as you "unkown error". Please some help would also be appreciated. I got it working. No colorful guide, I disabled the TV in general in Kodi/ disabled the stalker client/ cleared the data in general. Then changed the guide to prefer xmltv and enabled the client first then TV in general. Cleared the data and I got the guide up but no color. At least it's something until I figure it out. As xmltv only doesn't want to work.

abzlad
05-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Thanks,I'll try that. I can't even get stalker client working with my donation at the moment. Was working a few hours ago until the "unknown error message"

Qasim
05-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I am still getting unable to load guide error.

My pvr stalker is setup using the EPG stalker updater, it configures my PVR stalker just fine and all channels load but I get the message (unable to load guide) so it is completely empty. BTW in my pvr stalker guide is set as XMLTV only also XMLTV is set to local path with a directory path set underneath like : /storage/emulated/o/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/epg_xmltv.xml.

Is the above path supposed to be (local path) and is that path correct?

Thanks in advance!

abzlad
05-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Unbelievably mine has come back to life following Acf150's method. So a big thank you for that.

Qasim. The local path looks correct to me. I checked it with mine. Follow his instructions. If your mac address and iptv reset are OK then from where he says, "disable tv in general Kodi...... Change to prefer XMLTV.

Have you tried a iptv reset?

abzlad
05-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Oh and mine is the full colour guide, this is all very strange. We both went down the same route and one has colour and one b&w:confused:

Qasim
05-02-2016, 09:39 PM
hi guys that advice fixed the issue. Thank you so much was stuck for agessss!. BTW is it normal some channels don't have channel information? Thought this should be a full guide. For example 4seven and channel 5 are empty

ilan
05-02-2016, 09:54 PM
That is normal. The guide relies on multiple sources for information. If the guide does not get the information from the source, the guide has no information to display for the channel.

I have a feeling you are not loading the ********** guide, since you have selected something other than xml only. There was a problem with the epg_xmltv.epg file earlier today, so that may have been a problem earlier, but you need to select xlm only or you will get the provider guide.

Qasim
05-03-2016, 06:23 AM
hi Ilan i did what you said and changed the guide back to XMLTV only however when loading the guide i get the message again: unable to load guide...and when I set prefer XMLTV I get the provider guide.

where am I going wrong now?
Thanks

ilan
05-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Use the File Manager to browse to the epg_xmltv.xml file. It's the same path you establishrd in PVR Stalker client:

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

There will be quite a few files there, so you will have to search through them. We need to find out if the epg_xmltv.xml file is there. If not, there's something awry. If it's there, there is still the chance that it is corrupted, however, so...

If the file is there, delete it by right clicking on it. Then... Disable PVR Stalker client. Disable TV. Clear data in Channels and Guide. Exit and restart Kodi. This will get the updater to download a new epg file. Enable PVR Client. Enable TV.

Acf150
05-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh and mine is the full colour guide, this is all very strange. We both went down the same route and one has colour and one b&w:confused:

Well I just noticed it worked for me too. I left it like that and last night when I turned on my box all the channels loaded with color and all. Just like you as of right now I'm a very happy camper. Got tired of trying everything I could think of to no avail. Glad I could help.;)

Qasim
05-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Hi Ilan,

I now see what you mean, I set this all up on my smartphone and it worked no problem, i also went to the location: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/ and there is a file in there called epg_xmltv.xml however this is missing on my android box. what can I do to get this here?

Thanks!

ilan
05-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Well, the updater should do it. I'm pretty sure you indicated this was a recent version of the updater. (Earlier versions downloaded the file directly to the PVR Stalker folder.)

You could uninstall the updater and then reinstall it. There could be an issue with the current installation.

Qasim
05-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Hi Ilan,

I really dont know what is wrong, here are all my steps tell me if anything is wrong. I am doing this on an android box with Kodi.

Fresh install---

Install ********** repo and install epg updater addon.

Enable addon and enter donation / MAC/ enable configure pvr stalker / select IP portal (iptv66) for me.

Go to pvr stalker enable this.

TV> clear data> restart kodi.

Go back in Kodi > system> tv> enable TV

Channels load but get message (unable to load guide)

I then check the location of guide by going to pvr stalker and choose browse it is going to the following: storage/emulated/0/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/epg_xmltv.xml

however when i browse to the location manually there is no (EPG_xmltv.xml) file there at all only another the following:

* another temp folder which is empty
*commoncache.db
*cookies.dat
*kodi.log
*kodi.old.log

Different on my phone is that in this location there is the epg_xmltv.xml file however on android box it is not showing it....

Any more advice?
Thanks

ilan
05-03-2016, 08:52 PM
That is where it should be, nestled in with commoncache.db, cookies.dat, etc. I don't know if your IP could have been blocked for some reason, although that doesn't make sense to me. I'll have to do a bit of thinking.

Qasim
05-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Thanks for looking into this. Really appreciate all your help on this.

Qasim
05-03-2016, 09:13 PM
HI Ilan

I finally got it working thanks to your thought!!!

when you said my Internet provider could be blocking it made me think that your right because when I did the same steps at work on a different Internet connection it worked fine but when I get home it doesn't. So I connected to my neighbours WiFi and Voila! Loaded instantly!!

thanks so much for your help on this I really appreciate it!

ilan
05-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Good to hear...thankfully we got to the core issue. It's more likely, though, that your IP is blocked by the ********** server for some reason.