PDA

View Full Version : Resume functionality...

ilan
04-24-2016, 07:08 PM
First and foremost, I want to laud Couch Potato and Dara for adding this functionality to the video add-on. I used the latest incarnation for a couple of movies. The Krumpas went great (no buffering, no issues) until 1:13 of 1:37. At that point, it froze. I tried playing with the Kodi time-line, but ultimately the stream went dead. My only alternative was to start the movie again and accelerate the time line until it reached my former position. That worked, but it was a 7/8 minute process. It happened twice while watching Daddy's Home. I can live with it but it would be nice if there was resume functionality.

dara
04-24-2016, 10:03 PM
First and foremost, I want to laud Couch Potato and Dara for adding this functionality to the video add-on. I used the latest incarnation for a couple of movies. The Krumpas went great (no buffering, no issues) until 1:13 of 1:37. At that point, it froze. I tried playing with the Kodi time-line, but ultimately the stream went dead. My only alternative was to start the movie again and accelerate the time line until it reached my former position. That worked, but it was a 7/8 minute process. It happened twice while watching Daddy's Home. I can live with it but it would be nice if there was resume functionality.

The VoD's should be ok with pause/resume and timeline search, but live channels, including the ppv's aren't. I don't think that's available on any live channel add-on AFAIK. Essentially you need to cache video in a buffer, and I know that Kodi doesn't do that natively, it just uses Kodi's built in 'DVDPlayer'. I know that there is someone developing a record function for PVR Simple, and I think couch potato has that as a project as well for IPTV Stalker, but those are only development projects.

ilan
04-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Yes, the Kodi time line worked fine, other than when things froze. At that point, the time line would come up, but forward, backward had no effect. Ultimately, the movie closed, and I was taken back to the movie selection dialog. It's certainly tolerable given the added advantage. that the add-on provides.