PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the 70's

nydheart
04-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Hey guys, after rebooting my avov box it's seems my box thinks it's time travelled back to the 1970's. One of the apps I use for watching movies relies on a correct year for the search and will only pull movies from that era. Anyone know of a quick fix for this?

mbry
04-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Yea, mine is doing the same thing but sometimes eventually shows the correct date and time. Seems to be getting worse, stuck on 1/1/70. when pulling up kodi of course it also says 1970. Hoping that a update would fix.

greg
04-17-2016, 03:20 PM
just go to kodi then programs then select android apps scroll down to settings change date and time

Marley
04-17-2016, 04:19 PM
yup very ez to do is box the right day and time or on kodi and all

nydheart
04-17-2016, 05:21 PM
Got, it! Worked like a charm!! Thanks for saving the day!

ccmarshal
04-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Tried to adjust date and time as stated earlier. That worked til I turned box off and on again. Back to the '70's. On both AVOV tvonline+ and Kodi.

greg
04-18-2016, 12:15 AM
check your time zone settings

Marley
04-18-2016, 03:23 PM
change in setting and it should stay

ccmarshal
04-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Changed it in Kodi program settings, but it looks like the AVOV tvonline+ box controls the date and time. If you watch something on livetv then sometimes the date will change then the time and date in Kodi will also change. I put in a ticket with AVOV but am still awaiting a reply. I have also changed the time zone in AVOV.

ccmarshal
04-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Changed it in Kodi program settings, but it looks like the AVOV tvonline+ box controls the date and time. If you watch something on livetv then sometimes the date will change then the time and date in Kodi will also change. I put in a ticket with AVOV but am still awaiting a reply. I have also changed the time zone in AVOV.

Got answer form AVOV.... unplug modem, plug back in, unplug box and plug back in... will try tonight.

ccmarshal
04-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Got answer form AVOV.... unplug modem, plug back in, unplug box and plug back in... will try tonight.

Tried it, didn't work. Informed AVOV and am waiting second suggestion.

Will advise...

Kimbo
04-21-2016, 01:05 AM
If you are using wifi, then forget wifi and use an ethernet cable directly to the Fuse!!

satviewing
04-26-2016, 04:37 PM
yup very ez to do is box the right day and time or on kodi and all

Yes but assumes you want to use Kodi etc, it should pick up location or time and ability to change from c to f in temp, its shame that they wont fix that nor will respond to support.
I wouldnt buy another box from them.

satviewing
04-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Tried it, didn't work. Informed AVOV and am waiting second suggestion.

Will advise...

good luck. they just want to sell you box, keep on coming out with new box, no support of any kind :( its pity all the forums carry info on them, they should all boycott AVOV until they start real support

wickedjoker
04-26-2016, 07:20 PM
good luck. they just want to sell you box, keep on coming out with new box, no support of any kind :( its pity all the forums carry info on them, they should all boycott AVOV until they start real support

They have support I have used them server time create a login and send a ticket.... Now the down side is it does take a while for fixes to get release but they do make correction when they have issues.

wild cat
04-26-2016, 10:12 PM
i won't buy any more avov boxs thay won't fix the ones thay got out now..i agree with satviewing...............

ccmarshal
04-26-2016, 10:33 PM

Hate to burst your bulb satviewing but they have supported any problem that has come up. Your luck I am not a MOD or I'd bust your A**.

Marley
04-27-2016, 11:52 PM
wild cat and satviewing funny how support help all the rest but you say what you want but bashing a box is not the way to go read the rules both of you next time i will ban this is your warning from me

larrylar
04-30-2016, 04:04 AM
From AVOV Facebook page

"Yes we know about the time issue. We use google server for the time setting across our devices. But for some reason some area are not connecting to pull the time/having issues. We discuss to make our own time server which will eliminate this problem. It takes roughly 2 weeks. Please we hope you can understand as we will fix this issue across all devices! Thank you all."