PDA

View Full Version : XBMC/KODI running on your PC

Montreal
03-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Android boxes allow you to install XBMC and applications BUT only this!
PC's are naturally designed in hardware to outperform anything that is connected to the internet

PC's are designed for everything, you can also repair them to. :p
upgrade memory
upgrade hard drive
upgrade graphics card
install Linux, Apple in Virtual machines
etc...... :)

date
03-19-2015, 06:44 PM
But what is the reason of repairing or upgrading if the box works good.
I own an Android box that scores 39000 in the bench mark app and really I think the best way to go with as of today is to own two different individual boxes with a high resolution and powerful as the one I mentioned for kodi and a second one for the iptv as the mag254, maybe later on they will come up with one that will do both with an efficient way.

Montreal
03-19-2015, 10:24 PM
I own an Android box for kodi
and a second one for the iptv as the mag254

It can get very costly indeed, I defiantly here you... if I would of known that XBMC installed on my PC a few months ago, I would of never purchased and wasted 250.00$ which is insane knowing it dropped already 4 hardware versions within the last 6 months up to today. :(

From experiences to making better choices overall for the next 5 years especially for saving money would be without a doubt any modern PC hands down all the way.

Android devices , smart TV's, hardware TV gadgets etc your faced with the following issues..
A. limited choices
B. they are all bricked
C. non repairable
D. non upgradeable

date
03-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Sure my friend you got a point but the device I bought has an A17-CORTEX and I bought it for just $90 brand new, see I have learned from a good friend of mine asft to do good options when I buy stuff.:)

As many Android boxes I buy I always check there score in bench mark before I buy them this way I know if they deserve my money or not, see some people are ok with sticking and viewing things on their pc, in my case if I don't see those movies on my big Samsung curved screen sitting next to wife and kids I don't enjoy it.:)

SMok3dOUT
03-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Well 32bit operating system doesnt get all the stalker channels
64bit does, far as performance it depends on your ram,cpu and graphics card...

chippa
04-02-2015, 11:10 PM
I am with Montreal, and I am thinking HDMI cable. Would that work? Frankly, I don't see why it shouldn't.

hondo1
04-03-2015, 12:32 PM
I am with Montreal, and I am thinking HDMI cable. Would that work? Frankly, I don't see why it shouldn't.

Of course it would. I've had a desktop with HDMI next to my TV for years now. With wireless keyboard/mouse on the coffee table it's all seamless. That old box is on about it's 3rd motherboard by now.

alphablondy
04-03-2015, 02:00 PM
kodi on a computer or laptop hooked via hdmi to the tv is just like having the best box, and best thing it is like having a free stb.

SMok3dOUT
04-05-2015, 09:06 PM
2 PC's plus laptop connected to 3 seperate TV's via HDMI,
Thought this was common knowledge... Not bashing
anyone...