PDA

View Full Version : stalker config & update for the layman

forenzsick
04-09-2016, 08:44 AM
This is for add-on help not Pvr

1- install the new software stalker papaio 10.0.1 and *configure it to your login * make sure the new nfps server setting matches your donation info
this did not matter before but it needs to match now----check here if you don't know what server your on: https://papiao.is/main/order

Example:
NFPS1 = 1.iptvprivteserver.com
NFPS2 = 2.iptvprivteserver.com

2-turn off kodi/logout
3-login to papaio and reset iptv

https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Skipping this step can easily cause more issues so don't. your simply completing the installation and configuration of the new stalker.
pay attention to the data input-fill out all required fields with the correct info, this is key to your success or it can be the root of your failure. there are less than a dozen variables on our end [no pvr ] there isn't much to it.

*config-
choose the correct nfps server *example above
input last 6 of your mac
input password
input login
send serial of device[
hit OK and shut down stalker add on

This has worked for me each time I had to update and or change info to restore the service, no more- no less. keep it simple.
if your service returns without a reset iptv that's great but this can cause issues so do a reset iptv before you run the newly configured stalker......do not add or subtract steps and in most cases you will be successful after 1 attempt which is what you want right?

dara
04-09-2016, 04:43 PM
There are several errors in your 'how-to'. If you wish, I can fix them.

ilan
04-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I think it should be fixed or deleted. Otherwise, it will lead to frustration for people who follow it.

Until then, folks should follow your guide. It is cogent and comprehensive...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15368-IPTV-Stalker-quot-Papiao-quot-10-0-1-Authenticates-with-Login-and-Password

dara
04-09-2016, 08:59 PM
I'm going to make some changes to my tutorial so that newbies can just go down the configuration field by field, and prereqs to review the donation checkers, and to do an IPTV Reset before configuring. It baffles me that something this simple needs this treatment. For @forensick, I do appreciate your contribution.

ilan
04-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea...sequential instructions...1) do this, 2) then this, 3) then this, etc.

Although time consuming, and maybe overkill, you could place a screen cap of each field within each instruction set.

dara
04-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Sounds like a good idea...sequential instructions...1) do this, 2) then this, 3) then this, etc.

Although time consuming, and maybe overkill, you could place a screen cap of each field within each instruction set.

I decided not to do a screen cap.

ilan
04-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Looks good. The only thing I noted was you have 3 Device IDs listed. You might label the two exactly as they're named in the add-on...

Current

Serial Number: At least 13 alphanumeric characters (Required)
Device ID: Recommend at least 13 alphanumeric characters (Required)
Device ID: Recommend at least 4 alphanumeric characters (optional)
Device ID: Recommend at least 4 alphanumeric characters (optional)

Revised

Serial Number: At least 13 alphanumeric characters (Required)
Device ID: Recommend at least 13 alphanumeric characters (Required)
Device ID2: Recommend at least 4 alphanumeric characters (optional)

dara
04-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Good catch.. supposed to be Signature.

advocate2
04-10-2016, 04:37 AM
As a layman, I can follow your guide up until you state, "We still encourage users to use PVR Stalker or PVR Stalker NFPS for best results". How do we configure PVR stalker to work with your updater? Do we use earlier guides? Adding to the confusion for me is psycon's fix.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16385-NEw-EPG-updater-update-Big-Changes-New-USers-get-this-first

Do we use his, yours, or both.

Don

dara
04-10-2016, 04:56 AM
As a layman, I can follow your guide up until you state, "We still encourage users to use PVR Stalker or PVR Stalker NFPS for best results". How do we configure PVR stalker to work with your updater? Do we use earlier guides? Adding to the confusion for me is psycon's fix.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16385-NEw-EPG-updater-update-Big-Changes-New-USers-get-this-first

Do we use his, yours, or both.

Don

It's your choice. I brought this back to life primarily for those who couldn't use the pvr, for what ever reason, mostly because of limited resources (money, processing power, or patience). Some also like that it's relatively light weight, or don't need the EPG. However, the PVR is more like how most use set top boxes. psycon is just telling newbies to look at his method first if you so choose to use the automatic configurtion of the pvr stalker... it really has nothing to do with IPTV Stalker. I use both, but I'm not here to promote that.

forenzsick
04-10-2016, 10:01 PM
There are several errors in your 'how-to'. If you wish, I can fix them.

thanks, if anything that helps in the future came from this - great.
#2 what errors? the iks server address's instead of iptv lol.....i think it was late............thanks again:cool: