PDA

View Full Version : FIX for firestarter not loading on new amazon OS

psycon
04-09-2016, 12:12 AM
use adbfire to push or install using es file exploerer

ilan
04-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Pretty sleazy of Amazon to blacklist the app. What's the worst part, they're not just blocking people from future installation. They're wiping out the installation for those who have it already. That's incredibly invasive!

Firestopper fills the bill for the time being.

psycon
04-09-2016, 09:35 PM
yeah, just makes u think? whats next?..... really though balcklisting apps by name, like if their point was to inconviennce people sure but its trivial to rename and repackage an app. literally takes minutes.

ilan
04-09-2016, 10:22 PM
You're right... 1. Easy to repackage with a new name. 2. What's next? They may decide Kodi needs to be extinguished.

I'm definitely going to hold off on future updates until I determine it's incredibltly important.

gregm
04-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Pretty sleazy of Amazon to blacklist the app. What's the worst part, they're not just blocking people from future installation. They're wiping out the installation for those who have it already. That's incredibly invasive!

Firestopper fills the bill for the time being.

where is this article? i would like to read it and i think it's pretty bad if a large company such as amazon is on the track to do these things!

ilan
04-10-2016, 02:22 PM
http://www.aftvnews.com/strong-evidence-that-amazon-has-blacklisted-firestarter-app-by-name-in-latest-fire-tv-update/

Bkman2020
04-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Think now you can sideload android apps on firestick