PDA

View Full Version : Storage Usage

kuthedude
04-07-2016, 02:19 AM
I have a question to see if anyone else has experienced this. I have Kodi, 1channel, and Popcorn installed. I don't think anything "saves" any data but I could be wrong. I notice that after about a month of primarily using "Live TV", that my storage is all used up and I have to do a reset. Even if I delete all the apps, my storage is still 98% used up. I can't find where the data could be coming from. Kodi is never used, only 1channel on rare occasions. Do you think something is recording something in the background?

Marley
04-07-2016, 03:09 AM
see i had that problem with one of my apps and yes thats what happen to me so your not the only one would fill it when a movie was running update your kodi if it the lower version that help me big time

bdotp
04-13-2016, 10:54 PM
It really would be nice to see a clear temp files and cache app for avov.

wickedjoker
04-13-2016, 11:00 PM
I use raw maintenance it give you the ability to delete the thumbnails and cache folders I had the exact same issues. I haven't had to redo my box in a long time woot!

Marley
04-14-2016, 04:19 AM
they do have a cleaner

tuxen
04-14-2016, 06:13 AM
yeah the easiest way to do it is probably with raw maintenance tool it can also clean out packages and cache folder.
there is also the old manual way;
exit kodi, delete the file /userdata/Database/textures*.db and the folder /userdata/Thumbnails
restart kodi and it will start to rebuild what it needs (not much if you do not have a library).

I wish there was a limiter for the thumbnails folder to put in advancedsettings.xml like there is for the packages folder.
but naturally its a lot more complex when a database is also involved and some images should be cached, a auto purge option then heh.
the tag for the packages folder is pretty straight forward in case anyone is curious or missed it.

<packagefoldersize>100</packagefoldersize> -- where 100 is the max size in MB