PDA

View Full Version : Chromecast or Roku

LuckyRabbit
03-17-2015, 08:30 PM
If I were to purchase a ChromeCast or Roku device, would it be able to mirror Kodi content (movies, etc.) from my windows laptop or android phone to my tv or do these devices only mirror certain content like (Netflix, etc.) ?

iptv
03-19-2015, 02:53 PM
I have Chromecast and the last time I checked, you can only stream with a supported video player, having said that, if you can load and watch through the chrome browser in your PC, the world opens up since Chrome can be casted. If IPTV is your main goal and If you haven't purchased anything yet then just go with a MAG254 for the best experience.

Marley
03-19-2015, 03:37 PM
yup get avov or mag but if you want xbmc get avov2 will have that soon best both worlds

Montreal
03-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Stay far away from Roku 1,2,3 and stick

jjbaggins
04-16-2015, 05:40 AM
Stay far away from Roku 1,2,3 and stick

I picked up a couple mag 254 mixed reviews
And m8 android TV box they both work the same but the m8 offers more versatility 4k streaming hd recording capability and quad core processing any reason why the mag 254 might outlast or work better in the future ?
Thank you in advance

K00lKatT
04-16-2015, 05:52 AM
The mag is an IPTV/OTT Linux based box specifically designed for this type of service. Android boxes must all use an emu or stalker emu..hope this helps

MEMOPR
04-16-2015, 07:16 PM
If I were to purchase a ChromeCast or Roku device, would it be able to mirror Kodi content (movies, etc.) from my windows laptop or android phone to my tv or do these devices only mirror certain content like (Netflix, etc.) ?

With those gadgets there is no such thing as ...
--- one size fits all ---

Each one has its own purpose ... better go for ALL of them ... I did

Roku ... for NETflix, HULU, DLNA, bla bla

ChromeCast ... for PC+Chrome media files playback on HDTV (VideoStream addon)

MAG254 ... for IPTV, M3U playlists, bla bla

Home entertainment is serious business
unless you have a better way to spend your free time.

Enjoy!

Marley
04-18-2015, 02:06 AM
then try a avov tv online