PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink T1 - my first look

crazed 9.6
04-02-2016, 11:14 PM
the T1 tester arrived here couple days ago.

I made room for it on the entertainment consule, next to a bunch of other devices and even robbed an ethernet connection from another device and connected the T1
Powered it up and got an internet connection (it was slow to appear, but it did).
Then things came to a stop.

I could not open the Server settings menu nor the Market menu.
I also noticed that there was no initial update which I heard should have taken place.

Talked to a couple gurus here and saw that yes indeed I did have the old original software version and no update took place.
So rebooted and stuff, but still no update.

After some contact with dreamlink team thru our guru members here, we decided it was my ACtiontec router (which had given problems in the past with the T4 model I have here, the team since fixed that with a bin release).

So with the T1 in hand , off to my buddies place to try it thru his router internet connection :)
Smart idea right ?
I gets there and what does he have but the same Actiontec router (same model exactly).
I had to chuckle.
Anyway I tried it. And the darn thing worked. Took the update, had success and everything was working fine.

Home I go and after some investigation saw that I had the ethernet from a piggy back router I use (because of all the many devices I have connected).
Changed that to an Ethernet straight to the Actiontec and all is good :)
Other devices work okay thru the piggy back router , so I never thought twice about it. Not till I seen buddies Actiontec work fine.

I told yous all that so I could also say thnx Android Man and NBS for their support thru this, and especially to the dreamlink team who were ready to ship my Actiontec router to them for study and a fix.

thnx guys and sorry about the false alarm :)

I will soon get some guides posted up for this T1 model, but really there is not much that needs explanation with this T1 model.
It is a fine box with great user accessibility and ease.

They have their own Market onboard with apps available for download (4 or 5 versions of Kodi are there)
They have the dreamonline app which is the server app and that works flawless.

NBS
04-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a very good iptv box. I'm waiting in line to pick up one of these bad boys.

simple to use,great pic,super fast channel changes I can go on and on...lol

4wheelin
04-04-2016, 05:16 PM
dreamlink make kick a$$ boxes

joinbopn
04-04-2016, 10:54 PM
how much do you think it would be.

martys
04-05-2016, 12:37 PM
$129 us $168 cad

When will they be ava. and where Thanks martys

grodri1972
04-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Android man can you sideload Apk apps

NBS
04-05-2016, 12:48 PM
When will they be ava. and where Thanks martys

end of the month approx.

NBS
04-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Android man can you sideload Apk apps

no you cant

joinbopn
04-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Thank you very much for the info Android Man.

Orziz
04-08-2016, 11:08 PM
I've had a dreamlink HD since they came out. Still going strong. I think I might wait on this one until more channels are in HD since my mag works great for iptv and my M8S is a champ for Kodi.

grodri1972
04-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Can we setup a VPN like the avov box

NBS
04-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Can we setup a VPN like the avov box

if there is an app it can be added to marketplace

4wheelin
05-10-2016, 08:47 PM
nice box and set up is great ,picture is as good as i expected from dreamlink ,now have to play around with it and figure out a few things.

dara
05-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Scrolling is fast in Kodi and the DreamOnline app. You will need that as there is no 'page up/down' on the remote. Great picture quality, and very easy to set up for IPTV. Currently 27 apps in the Market. New users should expect to see a firmware update when connected to the internet. There are 2 VPN apps in the Market (FlashVPN and CloudVPN).

My only minor negative is the limited remote... very basic functions.

B_Madd
05-12-2016, 01:35 AM
Scrolling is fast in Kodi and the DreamOnline app. You will need that as there is no 'page up/down' on the remote. Great picture quality, and very easy to set up for IPTV. Currently 27 apps in the Market. New users should expect to see a firmware update when connected to the internet. There are 2 VPN apps in the Market (FlashVPN and CloudVPN).

My only minor negative is the limited remote... very basic functions.

Dara the remote will page up and down if you use quick use by hitting OK on remote, and using the up and down arrow on remote. If using the epg mode it doesn't work that way as it gives you a couple hours in advance for each channel.

montell
05-13-2016, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great forum..you are Da Best :)

Quick question: why is the Mouse arrow so super slow when moving across the screen ?!
any fixes for that?

Also, how Do I update the software.

Thanks

montell

NBS
05-13-2016, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great forum..you are Da Best :)

Quick question: why is the Mouse arrow so super slow when moving across the screen ?!
any fixes for that?

Also, how Do I update the software.

Thanks

montell
no idea about the mouse,dont have issues
You dont update ,it updates itself

montell
05-13-2016, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the reply NBS :)
How about the VPN...any idea how to use it on the T1 ?

NBS
05-13-2016, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the reply NBS :)
How about the VPN...any idea how to use it on the T1 ?

you should be able to google it Users have posted it works

montell
05-13-2016, 02:12 AM
T1 has FlashVPN and CloudVPN.
Which one do u guys recommend to use?
is it a good idea to use VPN on T1?

NBS
05-13-2016, 02:16 AM
T1 has FlashVPN and CloudVPN.
Which one do u guys recommend to use?
is it a good idea to use VPN on T1?

i think only one is free ,and one costs Using a vpn is your choice

montell
05-13-2016, 02:50 AM
Thanks man :)

I guess once I download the free VPN and register for it...that'll be it ?!

montell
05-13-2016, 03:41 AM
by the way,

what do the red,green,yellow and blue button do on the remote? cause there is no explanations on the User's manual about them?
Also, what are the "LIVE" and "VOD" buttons about?

Thanks guys for being always there for people like me :)

montell

Marley
05-13-2016, 04:47 AM
what i see the free vpn do work to well better off paying for one and get the servers you want thats on any box

montell
05-13-2016, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the input.

I have HMA Pro VPN...can I use it on T1?

Deadwood
05-13-2016, 05:03 AM
what i see the free vpn do work to well better off paying for one and get the servers you want thats on any box

Might be easier to bridge a router to your main router, use it as an access point and have it connected to a VPN of your choice. Use that router to connect your IPTV box and voila, you never need take what's offered but choose what VPN you want without the box and its limited VPN's. I have PIA, had HMA, too many connected to their servers, found it was just too slow at peak periods, seems everyone wants to connect to Seattle servers ?

Marley
05-13-2016, 05:12 AM
hma should work fine see free ones most of time only give you a few server and they limit your bandwidth do your homework on this if you going to run more then one vpn which i do and many other things too but yes they are great tools to have i pay 12 dollars a yr for one but it does what it says it will do thats all i ask oh even some say thats helps with tv freeze just do some reading on this

montell
05-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Thanks a lot guys :)

How about the stb emulator?
How can I install STB Emulator on T1 ?