PDA

View Full Version : Iptv

Minasuki
03-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Hello and have a few noob questions

First, new to the whole iptv thing, bought a mag254, programmed my logitech remote and ready to roll. set up the box with the free server, but mainly want and need the european channels "Superliga", don't really need the north american ones or uk and don't understand a word of spanish, for day to day i'll use the cable provider I have.

Second, keep reading posts suggesting not to use a paypal account for iks server, but does that include an iptv subscription as well. Still don't know what all those mean (rocket, stalker, iks, nfps etc) due to charlie problems later on.

Here where I am, I see a whole bunch of people selling iptv subscriptions but they are mainly resellers, at the moment not sure who to trust.
And would Charlie actually try and send me some nasty letter(s) here in the great white north (Canada).

Thank You

theuduk
03-16-2015, 08:55 PM
There are a number of Sky sports channels up at present some show Euro soccer a lot more in the list to come at some point list is here,,,,http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?752-IPTV-NFPS-Channel-List-INFO as for paypal they are not to be trusted with info you might not want to end in certain peoples hands which is why it will not be used here.

Hangin1
03-16-2015, 09:16 PM
I must be having some issues with my current box because I keep hearing the moderators of this great forum talk about all these channels that are up and showing a long channel list which I do see the same list of channels but only a few at best are watchable I am not complaining just hate to see a new person get excited about this list of channels being thrown at them and them rushing out to purchase a box then setting it up and figuring out that only a mere number of them channels are actually watchable but then again the problem could be on my end.

Marley
03-16-2015, 09:18 PM
here http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1553-channel-list-as-of-today

DarkSide
03-16-2015, 09:20 PM
I must be having some issues with my current box because I keep hearing the moderators of this great forum talk about all these channels that are up and showing a long channel list which I do see the same list of channels but only a few at best are watchable I am not complaining just hate to see a new person get excited about this list of channels being thrown at them and them rushing out to purchase a box then setting it up and figuring out that only a mere number of them channels are actually watchable but then again the problem could be on my end.

most of the us channels have down for a few hours, but at this min most seem to be back up!

Sparky_SC
03-16-2015, 09:25 PM

US channels were down for a couple days or so but now are working as of the last couple hours or so. Interestingly, IKS had the same channels begin working at about the same time. No similarities in the two services they say though.

crazed 9.6
03-16-2015, 09:36 PM
US channels were down for a couple days or so but now are working as of the last couple hours or so. Interestingly, IKS had the same channels begin working at about the same time. No similarities in the two services they say though.

omg...
IKS channels compared to iptv channels is like comparing oranges and beef
The channels do not come from the same source, maybe there is one guy that looks after both services and that would be the only similarity.

These channels may appear to be the same, like FoxSports 1 is on both.
Yesterday during the nascar race, it was on both iptcv and IKS thru FoX SportS1 (exact same broadcast with same commentators and everything),,, except during a commercial the IKS showed the commercial but the IPTV did not. There was no commentary but the camera was still showing the race, then commercial was over and both channels were same again... So how does that explain that IPTV channels are same as IKS channels, or even on same server for that matter?
None of the channels are copies of IKS channels, the source is completely different.

You may se server up or down times the same the odd time, but that's because it's the same group of server admins that run the stuff, and prolly even the same guy that keeps tripping over the power supply cord :eek:

They are not the same.

floder2
03-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Funny how when IKS is having problems...IPTV has problems too....................

Sparky_SC
03-16-2015, 09:53 PM
I remember back in the day when it was strongly proclaimed that IKSrocket and NFPS were not related.

BIO
03-16-2015, 09:56 PM
I remember when gas was 97 cents a gallon and 5 gallons got me a free car wash.

crazed 9.6
03-16-2015, 10:00 PM
I remember back in the day when it was strongly proclaimed that IKSrocket and NFPS were not related.

no, I always professed that the services were not related. I never agreed that they didn't use same source.
One more thing is that with the different services (Rocket and NFPS), there is nothing stopping one or the other to gain cache that the other does not have. That happens all the time. So by that then you can see how the services are and always were different.

floder2
03-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Could be when iptv is finished testing and 100's of channels have been added.....that iks will be shut down..especially if the same servers are now being used just to get iptv complete......IKS would have to be halted....(just an opinion)