PDA

View Full Version : TV Time (mhancoc7) Explanation of being down

ljhookem14
03-31-2016, 08:16 PM
....I have been taking it down to do some testing. Users are reporting issues and I am concerned that it is degrading the service from the source too bad. Not sure yet, still testing so you will see it go offline on and off until I sort it out.

https://forums.tvaddons.ag/tv-time-for-kodi/43102-release-tv-time-official-release-thread-16.html#post345428

dara
03-31-2016, 08:28 PM
This add-on is now experiencing the 'youtuber' effect. The developer will start asking for donations, and then it will fall off the earth, like most of the free live tv addons often do.

ljhookem14
04-01-2016, 02:55 AM
This add-on is now experiencing the 'youtuber' effect. The developer will start asking for donations, and then it will fall off the earth, like most of the free live tv addons often do.

This is Tvaddons Repo dara and they already ask for donations.

I don't know what's going on but lately there is a new live tv addon being pushed by the YouTubers. I've seen the last 2 look exactly alike.

dara
04-02-2016, 02:14 AM
per the tvaddons site, the developer has killed the addon... because of the youtubers. I think I knew what the source of the streams was, but it didn't appear to be from the supported server. Yeah, it didn't look like the developer wasn't looking for donations, but the youtubers screwed it up for good.

The Dude
04-02-2016, 12:52 PM
So what's a good alternative to TV Time? I have ccloudtv (pretty good kind of choppy sometimes) and Phoenix. TV Time was a pretty good addon that just simply worked with no hassle. Damn shame YouTube clowns are ruining things. I know the Kodi folks are going to start going after them now that they have the trademark to the name.

MasonStorm45
04-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Or did USTVNow catch on to their security breech and cut off TV Time?

The Dude
04-02-2016, 03:28 PM

Interesting thought...

dara
04-02-2016, 04:07 PM

That was one of the reasons. Slowed the service for their paying customers.

MasonStorm45
04-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Yes it was horrible. I'm one of those paying customers and their leeching was killing the service.