PDA

View Full Version : The Boy

ilan
03-29-2016, 09:02 PM
The Boy (2016)

Another disappointment. (Damn, maybe I'm just too critical.) The first part was pretty good: a little creepy with hope for something great to come. (Lauren Cohan, Maggie from the Walking Dead, did a nice acting job, particularly in the first part of the movie.) However, the conclusion was goofy, at least to me. The Genesis Specto version is cam and not the ideal viewing experience, since a great deal of the film is shot in low light contexts.

For me, they seldom make 'em like they used to...horror movies anyway.

Other opinions?

Kimbo
03-30-2016, 02:43 PM
I agree Ilan, saw the beginning but stopped due to the video quality of cam, only so much that you can ask for regarding a horror movie that center around a "doll" (funny Chucky reference), only reason I even tried watching it was to see Lauren Cohen's acting ability.
Regarding horror movies. I notice they have been getting to cheesy and predictable. Some with good story lines such as The Forrest and Conjuring 2 (2016) failed in everyway. I don't think we have horror director's like we did before making movies. They seem clueless to what Horror fans want in a saturated market of B class movies. Looking forward to see Jeepers Creepers 3, Phantasm V: Ravager.

ilan
03-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Yep, couldn't agree more. I think they're shooting for 15 year old kids...a thin plot, some action, some cgi and some blood is all you need to please that market.

Marley
04-01-2016, 03:35 PM
thats so true still nothing good but hope soon the block buster will come out soon

ilan
04-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Damn, that would be nice. The horror genre certainly needs some new life!

nazia08
08-02-2016, 10:11 AM
There were some jumps that were nicely executed and it certainly kept the viewer interested. But movies like this usually head in one direction... This one, on the other hand, brought in something refreshing.

changedmy
08-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I can recommend netflix Stranger_Things, a nice horror serie one of the best i have seen in years

Marley
08-12-2016, 03:33 AM
light out was ok too