PDA

View Full Version : IPTV reset

Stavman
03-28-2016, 03:39 AM
What causes the need to have to reset the IPTV on the papaio site? I only have one setup on a pc using kodi but every couple days I get authorization failed and have to reset IPTV. Does anyone know the reason?

sipde
03-28-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm having the same issue. I finally changed my mac yesterday and so far I haven't seen it again.

rambopn
03-28-2016, 04:31 PM
I have changed my MAC, reset the IPTV changed the setting in router to 8888 and 8844 and still happening. Could some one help please?

kens
03-28-2016, 05:38 PM
I wondered the same thing and have put it down to a timeout issue. If the server has to check your device ID when you connect, there may be a long execution time and the connection time's out.
An IPTV Reset clears what the server has stored for your Device ID, so when you next log in, it just has to save the new info., the connection is fast, and you have success.
Using Kodi 15 versions, if you have not manually edited the PVR Stalker "Settings.XML" file and changed your timeout to around 60 seconds, your connection timeout will only be ~15 seconds.
Using KODI 16 (actually 16.1 RC1 (Video bug Fix)), lets you set timout to 120 seconds, and I haven't had a problem since(Fingers X'd).
You can also just leave KODI running without being on a channel, and this will keep you logged in, which also solves this problem.
/kens

sipde
03-28-2016, 05:46 PM
The strange thing is I could be watching for an hour or more and suddenly a message pops up saying authorization failed or whatever. If I keep watching it usually stays up, but if I try to switch to another channel it won't connect and I have to go through the whole reset IPTV thing again. I usually go an clear the data first before I do. I can't understand it, nothing has changed at my end-it just does it. It only started doing it recently though, I didn't have a problem a month ago. Most of the time the service works well for me.

kens
03-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you are having a network connection problem.
If you are using wifi for streaming, all kinds of problems can occur due to noise or loss of signal strength. Try using a wired connection and see if the problem persists.

Also, they have been doing a lot of server maintenance lately and when they do, you will lose most channels. I have noticed that these channels(not exclusively) stay up when all others are down > Al Jazeera/France24/RT News/EuroNews/Bloomberg plus afew others all around ch.220.

When you have this problem again, try these channels. If they come in, then it's not you, it's server maintenance./kens

sipde
03-28-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm on a wired connection with a good solid 50meg d/l so I'm sure that's not it. Yesterday I was on Good Food when it started giving me the issue. I cleared all the data, changed my mac and reset the IPTV in papaio and for now it seems to be OK. I'll be checking it when I get home later to see if the mac change did the trick this time.

Stavman
03-28-2016, 08:00 PM
I get no channels working because it will not load the channel. I usually leave kodi running and was getting the issue so I started shutting it down and it still does it. I also have a wired 30mb connection that is stable my timeout is set to 120sand so far I just need to reset iptv and not the mac.
It's not the end of the world unless it happens too often because then Iwill have to wait until the next day to reset it.Any ideas are welcome. Thanks for the input.

Stavman
03-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Update!!! I just went on the papaio site and I got this message when trying to get my info:

You have reached the maximum searchs per day, please try again in 24 hours. !

This is the first time I tried today.

sipde
03-28-2016, 08:36 PM
3 times in 24 hours is all you get, doesn't matter if it's mac change or IPTV refresh - 3 of either in combo seems to be the rule.

Stavman
03-28-2016, 10:49 PM
I Guess it doesn't reset at midnight eastern...... Also I get that message when I do a "search" for my donation,
I can't seem to login either with my email. This is getting weird....

Stavman
03-29-2016, 02:13 AM
Update: So i was finally able to get back in and reset, now all is working. I'm still unsure why I wasn't able to get in to even see my info let alone change it. I would also like to figure out how to login with email and password, I never added a password, and the donation username/password doesn't work. I think we will need to login that way soon.

tuxen
03-29-2016, 03:02 AM
try read announcements. you will get your answer.

and btw my experience is its 24 hours no matter if the clock passed midnight as stated before by sipde in this thread

Stavman
03-29-2016, 03:41 AM
@tuxen I did read the announcement. I did try to log in but my info does not work, I'm thinking it won't until the 5th. As for the reset issue, usually I can at least get to my info page and then get the message that I need to wait 24hrs, this time i could not. But all is good now.

tuxen
03-29-2016, 06:42 AM
the login is for resellers. order number was also needed for a short period during the feb update, and it will likely be the same again ie. same search donation login page but just with a added order number field and maybe a email field it was also seen very very short during feb update. could have been a test, there where some issues and people was not announced, this time we are, and we have all the information already (well some did not back in feb) just like the short period it was needed.

Stavman
03-30-2016, 12:49 AM
Ok, makes sense. Hopefully with the added securty there will be less issues with resets and blocked mac addresses. Thanks for the info.

kens
04-01-2016, 08:35 PM
As for having to login and do an IPTV Reset, this problem is the only reason I wont be renewing other friends and family units. What a pain in the A**!/kens

Stavman
04-02-2016, 08:41 PM
So I thought my donation number was compromised and asked papiao to change it and they did. I am still getting issues. I reset it this morning and again now I'm getting "Authentication failed" then a few seconds later " device conflict-device_id mismatch. By this happeneing allthe time I do not have enough resets allowed per day. Becoming a pain.

pod77
04-02-2016, 08:59 PM
So I thought my donation number was compromised and asked papiao to change it and they did. I am still getting issues. I reset it this morning and again now I'm getting "Authentication failed" then a few seconds later " device conflict-device_id mismatch. By this happeneing allthe time I do not have enough resets allowed per day. Becoming a pain.

Do you have another devise to try it on? Something isn't right someplace... I have 2 donations, 1 on a laptop using Kodi and the PVR client. The other is on an android based box using the STB emulator. I have never once had to reset a thing after the initial setup, that's why I'm wondering if you have something else you can try it on...if not maybe you will have to do a fresh install of Kodi

Stavman
04-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Are you thinking that something in kodi is corrupt and sending wrong device id?

BTG_Tiger
04-03-2016, 03:15 AM
Announcements can be your friend. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?16212-IPTV-service-maintenance

pod77
04-03-2016, 03:23 AM
No I'm thinking you should stop messing with it until the servers are fixed!!! Just put it away u til you see everyone is backup and running 😉 Right now your just wasting your time

Stavman
04-03-2016, 03:29 AM
My issue has been ongoing for a couple weeks now, not really related to todays problem. But I agree not worth playing around with it for now.

pod77
04-03-2016, 03:51 AM
My issue has been ongoing for a couple weeks now, not really related to todays problem. But I agree not worth playing around with it for now.
I realize that.. I'm just saying until things are fixed there is no sense in messing with it...

pod77
04-03-2016, 04:04 AM
No I was just wondering if you had another device to try it in to see if you are still having issues. Something isn't right so I figured you can trouble shoot it by trying another device 😉