PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the server

PayPerView
03-25-2016, 02:34 AM
Has anyone figured out yet how to stop the AVOV box from trying to connect to the IPTV server? My Sub has run out and I am not going to repurchase right now until I see posts of the service stabilizing some. Anyhow, when I turn the box on it just automatically tries to connect to the IPTV server. I can just hit exit and it cancels the process but it gets annoying every time. I went into the settings and removed the server info and blanked it out but it continues to try and connect to a server anyway. I thought maybe if I put the box in "mouse" mode and used the mouse pointer to click on the yellow check mark in the server box the check would go away but it does not (does not seem to be clickable. It seems that once you enter something in the server screen it's there for life.

AVOV needs to come out with a fix for this. Actually, they need to set up the box so it does not automatically connect to the IPTV server unless you go to Live TV. Connecting to the server just because you turned on the box is ridiculous since we use these boxes for a lot more than just live IPTV.

crazed 9.6
03-25-2016, 02:46 AM
that model (TVOnline) was named for the server app (TVOnline APP)
That APP is embedded into receiver interface. That is why you see it upon boot up. Other avovs do not do this.

Is reason why they made that model , The TvOline model.
It is not the server that can not be wiped (it can), it is the TVOnline APP itself that can not be wiped on that model (which was built and sold specifiaclly with that function in mind)

PayPerView
03-25-2016, 06:14 AM
I get that this model has the TV app built in, but it still shouldn't try to connect unless I click on "live TV" or "VOD". When the TV Online is fresh out of the box it does not try to connect to a server when powered on. This will not happen until you enter server info for the first time. After that it will always try to connect even if you wipe the server info out.

I know if I do a factory reset to the box that will do the trick, but then I have to set everything else up again and I just don't feel like doing that right now.

sunnshine
03-25-2016, 03:47 PM
Just do a factory data reset in the settings server info.
The you will have to reinstall the apps. I did this with an original tvonline Should work with the plus

crazed 9.6
03-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Just do a factory data reset in the settings server info.
The you will have to reinstall the apps. I did this with an original tvonline Should work with the plus

it is easier to say that this is ridculous and the avov needs to fix something then does not need fixed, then it is to do the work for his-self

Marley
03-25-2016, 04:22 PM
wow thats funny buy a box for tvonline and say they should have something to turn that off

sunnshine
03-25-2016, 04:39 PM
Not really funny. I upgraded to the plus and decided to use the older model just for the apps in a spare room. Resetting it worked just fine. Even allowing for re installment of the apps it only takes a few minutes of your time.