PDA

View Full Version : my gica 1900 what do i need to get it iptv66 to work?

joe649
03-23-2016, 10:27 PM
i have a myGica 1900 what do i need to get iptv66 to work? magtv emulator is not working? Thanks

03-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Without sounding unhelpful, my first advice would be to return this unit if you still can. If you aren't on the MyGica support forum, I would recommend you have a read on the site. MyGica has admitted problems with these models and are struggling to find a firmware that allows the box to function as advertised. I'm not sure what you paid for it but knowing they're going for $150-200, there are better boxes for less. I'm not dissing MyGica, I own 2 and my 582 works like a champ that's why I invested in a 1900 and Justin (the main mod) is doing his best to help all owners of the 1900 but if you are new to IPTV and don't have time/patience/tech savvy, go with a different box. I can't recommend another brand as I don't own anything else currently.
Having said all of this, if you decide to keep the 1900 there are "how to" posts on stb emu/MagTV setup. Personally however I would suggest you use Kodi as imo it works much better. There are also "how to" posts on this set up as well. Welcome to the forums and good luck.

Marley
03-30-2016, 12:33 AM
wow i didnt know that thanks for info but is there a new magtv app yet

03-30-2016, 10:59 PM
wow i didnt know that thanks for info but is there a new magtv app yet
Asft, I haven't come across an update to the 8.9.2 version from last September but I am able to get the current version running on the 1900 no problem. I just can't use it and Kodi without getting a Device ID mismatch when switching between the 2 even though I have exact same details; MAC, serial number, Device ID etc and completely log off the one interface before reconnecting with the other. I have to reset the account if I want to switch back and forth. I would use the MagTV exclusively if it had an EPG as good as the one in Kodi and details provided by our Clairvoyance friends so until then, the issue is a moot point.

Marley
04-01-2016, 03:43 PM
yea thats not the box doing that when you have two running the same donation one off at a time i get that problem too

mrgreg
04-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Have the 1800e and the 1900 and Justin hasn't a clue on how to fix anything on their official forum. He replies to every question with a question then comes back 4 to 5 days later maybe with another question cause he is clueless. Stay away from the Chinese junk. Wound not recommend their products to anyone. (Only my opinion).

Marley
04-03-2016, 05:58 PM
look you may not be happy with there product cool thats up to you but we dont bash boxes here and i will stand by Justin he help me when no other would take my box back to get a new one and im still running it today with np at all

steemer
04-03-2016, 09:11 PM
MyGica products are not junk, other than the 1900 having some issues my other MyGica boxes work very well. Also, Justin has been extremely helpful to me with any issues i've ever had.

04-05-2016, 01:17 AM
MyGica products are not junk, other than the 1900 having some issues my other MyGica boxes work very well. Also, Justin has been extremely helpful to me with any issues i've ever had.

Agreed, I use the 1900 as my primary box and yes it's glitchy but I'm being patient because at least they are trying to make it right. Many other companies would have walked away. My 582 on the other hand is rock solid. I may get frustrated too by the 1900 shortcomings but I wouldn't throw all of MyGica under the bus.