PDA

View Full Version : Kodi 16 on Fire TV 2nd Gen

Montyj
03-21-2016, 04:42 PM
What a nice setup! The Fire TV box, 2nd Gen, is a great platform to run Kodi. It has enough power, can handle 4K streams, etc.

Then why is it stuttering/freezing just like the Mag254, or Kodi on any platform for that matter?

Last night I tried to watch TWD on AMC. It was a great picture, sound, etc, but about every 3 minutes the video would freeze while the audio continued. I could only get it back by changing to another channel, and then going back to AMC, repeating the whole process.

I have done the whole 'turn off TV' in Kodi, then 'clear cache', etc, but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions, or is it the service itself being overloaded causing the problems?

I have a 50Mbps down service and speed isn't a problem.

Montyj

aCiDjEsUs
03-22-2016, 11:41 AM
What a nice setup! The Fire TV box, 2nd Gen, is a great platform to run Kodi. It has enough power, can handle 4K streams, etc.

Then why is it stuttering/freezing just like the Mag254, or Kodi on any platform for that matter?

Last night I tried to watch TWD on AMC. It was a great picture, sound, etc, but about every 3 minutes the video would freeze while the audio continued. I could only get it back by changing to another channel, and then going back to AMC, repeating the whole process.

I have done the whole 'turn off TV' in Kodi, then 'clear cache', etc, but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions, or is it the service itself being overloaded causing the problems?

I have a 50Mbps down service and speed isn't a problem.

Montyj

Turn off your Hardware Acceleration in SYSTEM > VIDEO > ACCELERATION and turn it off it should work now.

Montyj
03-23-2016, 03:55 AM
Turn off your Hardware Acceleration in SYSTEM > VIDEO > ACCELERATION and turn it off it should work now.

That seems to have worked.

Thanks!