PDA

View Full Version : iptv channels freezing

mariotripari
03-19-2016, 11:09 PM
I have a donation to iptv. And many channels are freezing. I have 100mb internet. Why is happends? Can you Help me?

dog09
03-20-2016, 03:45 PM
It's not your Internet service provider . It's there server

sat-junkie
03-20-2016, 04:13 PM
I watched it yesterday ALL day many channels i threw on with No freezing at all...i think the service has been running amazing for me

ilan
03-20-2016, 06:39 PM
Same as Sat-Junkie. Lots of watching on Friday and Saturday and no freezing for me. There were a couple of instances of buffering that lasted no more than 30 seconds. Things have been perking along well for me.

antonio6o6
03-20-2016, 07:07 PM
channels freezing

Marley
03-21-2016, 03:36 PM
see its really what you watch it may freeze on some i would never say never but for most part things are running smooth

XxPiratexX
03-21-2016, 03:40 PM
I've heard the servers are set to time out after about 2hrs or so to save resources. It happens to me and others here in this forum.

We are trying to get this resolved or atleast extended a couple hours.

tuxen
03-21-2016, 05:21 PM
that is correct. the same issue was happening a year ago people very not happy and NFPS set it up to 8 hours, but now they set it back to 2 hours. I really hope they will listen to us again its ruining so many show/movies cliffhangers. I would expect to at least be able to watch the same channel all evening or day for that matter, and not feel like i'm on some trial account.
this will also ruin it for people recording movies longer than 2 hours on their dvr, it was the start of the unhappiness a year ago. for more info you can look in the official nfps forum and another thread here. I recommend to join the thread here and express your wish to NFPS if you are also unhappy with this 2 hour timeout.
imho if it can not be disabled 8 hours is tolerable, come on NFPS is not reasonable. the server and service as such runs very good and always have for me, but for about the last month on the same channel for a little over 2 hours then kicks you. to make it worse its no secret my gf watch ID all the time and is going and driving me nuts too.

REMINDER: I am NOT talking about 10, 20, 30 secs or 5 mins constant freezing.

hep there it goes again 2 hours. ;(

DFR619
03-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Hey Thanks Tuxen

I always wondered why if you left it going it shut down...never caught on to the 2hr part... I don't dvr .... I guess you learn something new everyday

as far as buffering or freezing goes since just before the SB freezing has just about disappeared for me.... sometimes in primetime if your watching one of the HD channels it will buffer or freeze and even SD channels do the same but for the price we pay I think its great...Its NOT like it was

XxPiratexX
03-21-2016, 10:28 PM
I say reasonable would be atleast 4 hours before a timeout.

Backup
03-22-2016, 06:40 AM
I am disabled so i watch a lot of TV and i don't care for having to reset channels every 2 hours ..8 hours is sufficient for me. i have to drag my self over to computer every 2 hours to reset sucks.:(:(:( plus can only run on one portal at a time even with different donations and providers. all 3 use same server...Hmmm

tuxen
03-22-2016, 07:35 AM
I suffered a stroke a year ago, I almost died and still have problems with dexterity in my left side, and I have severe neuropathic pain so I understand you somewhat in terms of watching a lot of tv, although its probably not as severe in terms of mobility and i'm good on my way to recovery the pain does not seem to reside :( and the 2 hour timeout is getting old really fast and does not exactly help with the mood and the nerves when you are in constant pain either. :( but that another issue of its own.

imho we should be able to watch as long as we want even with my head daggling on my shoulder we threw them donations please give something back and scale up instead if it is a problem. saying its got something to do with security is crazy they can change token or whatever without interrupting users viewing.

so its no secret I do not understand the timeout, it has been like that since the age of the beginning of tv even if there was nothing to watch, aren't we supposed to progress not sanctioning and go back to something that never existed. but disabling is probably impossible so I also say set it back to 8 hours.

this is one of the issues they actually easily can fix as opposed to others all it takes is a change of one freaking byte in the config file. or a few if they ever would be so nice to set the setting to false. I really do not understand that. imho they should be ashamed setting it back to 2 hours after we gave them donations. or had to if we wanted to keep viewing.

wup speak of the devil it seems to always time with the end of my posts... arrrrg!